Is a Tuner Required?

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I have a HD Ready TV do I need anything but the Voom box to receive HDTV? Also The Installer is supposed to be here tomorrow morning between 8 & 12, and no one has called to confirm this yet, Should I call someone and make sure he is coming?
Thanks

You do not need a separate tuner. VOOM will supply the set-top-box that has both satellite and OTA tuners. So, you are all set!
Yes, you must get in touch with your local installer, or you are risking of wasting a day!

How do i find out who this guy is? It was all set up over the phone when I ordered Voom. They just said it was going to be Thursday between 8 & 12 am. They never said who and where....

If you gave an email address you should have a phone # there that will get you to Installs, Inc. (?). Call that # and be firm about getting the phone # of your local installer which may be a regional company or a specific installer.

Good luck and let us know if you have any problems. Hopefully, you won't as more and more installs seem to be going right.

Watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Yes, you should have received an email from Installs Inc.
If not, call VOOM and get the order number. Then call Installs Inc. and find out who your local installer is. Get their local phone number and call it today. Verify that they have your equipment on hand. A couple of phone calls will save you hours of frustration! Good luck!

Plywodstatebum, check the pre-installation guidelines in the FAQ. I believe the Installs Inc. phone number is mentioned there too.

Thanks for the info.
They said there trying to get a installer in my area, They are having trouble getting one, But someone would get in contact with me about it....lol Well there goes the RoseBowl Parade, the wife is going to chit.... :no

Why do they even take your order and charge u 50 bucks If there isn't a installer in my area, Why does Sears even offer the system if they know there is no one to install it, I'm real comfused, First it was N* giving me 4 prices for there service in 30 min., and the local stores wouldn't install the 921 box, or let me install it, I guess I just wasted 2000.oo bucks on a HDTV and DVD-Player... Very Upset....

Plywodstatebum said:
Thanks for the info.
They said there trying to get a installer in my area, They are having trouble getting one, But someone would get in contact with me about it....lol Well there goes the RoseBowl Parade, the wife is going to chit.... :no

Why do they even take your order and charge u 50 bucks If there isn't a installer in my area, Why does Sears even offer the system if they know there is no one to install it, I'm real comfused, First it was N* giving me 4 prices for there service in 30 min., and the local stores wouldn't install the 921 box, or let me install it, I guess I just wasted 2000.oo bucks on a HDTV and DVD-Player... Very Upset....
calm down sparky. All of the satellite companies have to find someone in your area to do an install. D* took a month to install for me.

Someone came from a 100 miles away to install D* 4 years ago, and theres a bunch of local Installers for N* within 40 miles, Just no one does Voom I guess. The guy that installed D* was even on time, I would have got HD from them but they wanted 350.oo to upgrade and get about 4 channels of HD. And I've had D* for 8 years, I layed into them about that too.
But thats what America is coming too.. No one cares about their work just the mighty Dollar is all..... :no

At this point, since you've had several good suggestions on here which don't seem to be helping you I'd post to "Wilt" on VOOM/Yahoo. He constantly monitors that group and will pass your problem along to someone at VOOM headquarter office.

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts