Is an HDMI cable include HR20?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SonicGT

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Just wondering if it includes the hdmi cable, if not I'm going to order one up so I have it when I eventually get my unit.
Also saw a place for cheap cables in a post somewhere, can someone lead me in the right direction there? I can search for it but if you know off the top of your head, thanks

SonicGT said:
Just wondering if it includes the hdmi cable, if not I'm going to order one up so I have it when I eventually get my unit.
Also saw a place for cheap cables in a post somewhere, can someone lead me in the right direction there? I can search for it but if you know off the top of your head, thanks

Two good sites to check: www.svideo.com and www.monoprice.com

SonicGT said:
Thanks,
now I just need someone to tell me if I need to order one, LOL

Order one anyway, they are cheap! :D

This may seem strange, but if you only need a 3 foot cable, there is a RCA DVD player at walmart for $75 or so that comes with an HDMI cable. I've seen people buy the upconverting dvd player in order to get the cable, and they just used component for the DVD player...

But if you don't need a DVD player, then maybe its not such a good deal..

Optical Serenity said:
This may seem strange, but if you only need a 3 foot cable, there is a RCA DVD player at walmart for $75 or so that comes with an HDMI cable. I've seen people buy the upconverting dvd player in order to get the cable, and they just used component for the DVD player...

But if you don't need a DVD player, then maybe its not such a good deal..
Checked monoprice.com and I can get a 10ft one from them for about 7 bucks plus shipping, I may have to order 2 anyways, I'm going to get a playstation 3 as my new dvd blue ray player once they are released as well and been reading the hdmi cable will not be included with them as well.

No HDMI Cable Included with HR20

I bought the box this weekend, and just wanted to confirm for you that no cable is included. I had an old one, and need to buy another cable and will use the sites posted. Thanks!

BTW, I too plan on doing the PS3/Blu Ray route. I decided to hold off and pay $399 or $499 vs $1000 for a stand alone player. Still curious how the pricing works that way. I asked several people and was told that the only difference would be feature set, but I only care about watching a movie and no special features. Having PS3 playable games would be an added bonus for me.

skakusha said:
I bought the box this weekend, and just wanted to confirm for you that no cable is included. I had an old one, and need to buy another cable and will use the sites posted. Thanks!

BTW, I too plan on doing the PS3/Blu Ray route. I decided to hold off and pay $399 or $499 vs $1000 for a stand alone player. Still curious how the pricing works that way. I asked several people and was told that the only difference would be feature set, but I only care about watching a movie and no special features. Having PS3 playable games would be an added bonus for me.
I ordered my cable from monoprice the other day, shipping says its delivered to my work but not sure what they did with it, LOL
As far as the ps3 your right it is the features, but if you plan on using it for blue ray player, one major feature difference between them is the cheaper one will not have an HDMI connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts