Is anyone Currently Viewing DishHD w/ a 211 and NO 129?

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I went 'round and 'round yesterday getting the DishHD Silver package activated on my account. They did not want to do it because I don't have a Dish1000. I have a 211 and the 61.5 dish and can view the normal programming from there. The new HD channels (ESPN2HD, UHD and VOOM) are in my guide but are red.

I know one is supposed to be able to view the new HD channels without having a D1000 looking at 129. Is anyone actually viewing the new HD channels from 61.5 without a D1000?

Later yesterday the Exec.offices set it up but I still can't view them today. Today, they just sent another authorization hit. Still nothing.

Does the authorization come from 129? I wouldn't think so but ya never know.

Any ideas other than breaking down and getting the D1000? I'm not opposed to it, it just takes more waiting time...

Last edited:
I am currently watching the channels in the HD gold package. I have a Super DISH 121 and 61.5 dish 500. I had somewhat the same problem yesterday and had to educate the Tech on this. They were not aware of the mirroring of the two orbital slots. They did activate the package and placed it on my new bill on FEB 1st ( yesterday). What was funny, according to my bill - I have the HD gold package from 1/27 to 2/15. There was a corresponding credit so I am happy ...... :D

Are you sure the DishHD Silver package is really setup? I had to make two calls to get mine straightened out yesterday. BTW - D1000

gdarwin said:
Are you sure the DishHD Silver package is really setup? I had to make two calls to get mine straightened out yesterday. BTW - D1000

My first question to them was to please tell me what I am subscribed to. They say DishHD Silver w/ HBO/MAX. I don't know how to verify that I'm set up outside of waiting for my next bill.

D1000? I don't get what you're saying.

p.s. Is that your 'vette?

D1000 = Dish 1000 Just letting you now I don't have a 61.5. My Vette is a 1995 Torch Red. (Dreaming about a new Z06)

gdarwin said:
D1000 = Dish 1000 Just letting you now I don't have a 61.5. My Vette is a 1995 Torch Red. (Dreaming about a new Z06)

I've got a 99 torch red FRC "Hardtop".
Sandy&Vette.JPG

A friend picked up a new Z06 a week ago but I haven't checked it out yet. I saw one going down the interstate... man they look wicked!!! Too bad they = $$$$$$

Gotcha on the D1000.

I would like an answer to this question too. I was led to believe that as long as I have a dish pointed at 61.5 that I would not need the 1000. I currently receive the hd and voom package.

So the first csr told me I wouldn't need the 1000, the two I spoke to after that told me that I did especially if I wanted the locals in HD. I told the CSR that I had an OTA antenna and wouldn't need the local HD package but he still said I needed a new dish.

What is the answer to this?? Thanks!

all 129 hd chans are being mirrored on 61.5. the reason is the 129 footprint does not cover the entire US.. So the people outside of the 129 footprint need to get the chans also, so thats where 61.5 comes into play.

Killswitch, (awesome band btw) Which DMA do you currently subscribe to? The only HD locals launched so far is NY (61.5), and one in CA (129). as for where the other HD locals are coming from, its not known yet.

CivicOnBoostEK said:
all 129 hd chans are being mirrored on 61.5. the reason is the 129 footprint does not cover the entire US.. So the people outside of the 129 footprint need to get the chans also, so thats where 61.5 comes into play.

Killswitch, (awesome band btw) Which DMA do you currently subscribe to? The only HD locals launched so far is NY (61.5), and one in CA (129). as for where the other HD locals are coming from, its not known yet.

Civic, Yeah Killswitch is one of my favorites:) not quite sure what DMA is, but I subscribe to the '180 pack' I live here in the Washington DC area and I think the CSR was saying that in the future, whenever they decide to launch local hd's that I would need the 1000.

gpflepsen said:
My first question to them was to please tell me what I am subscribed to. They say DishHD Silver w/ HBO/MAX. I don't know how to verify that I'm set up outside of waiting for my next bill.

D1000? I don't get what you're saying.

p.s. Is that your 'vette?

Check it online at http://www.dishnetwork.com. Just create acoount and here you go.
You cannot remove programming online, only add.:rolleyes:

Not everything on 129 is mirrored on 61.5. For example, the LA HD stations are only on 129; NY HD stations are only on 61.5. May not be important to you, but for those of us waiting to get distant HD feeds from both coasts, it is good to be able to see 61.5/110/119/129.

gpflepsen,

I have a 211, 110/119/61.5.
On Feb 1st, when the 5 new Vooms, ESPN2HD and UnivHD went live, they were on my 211 EPG, but in red.
On Feb 1st/10AM, I called CS to order my 622, and added the Gold HD, then they became available.

You definitely can get them on 61.5 with the 211, but you do have to be subscribed to one of the new HD packages.

rdinkel said:
Not everything on 129 is mirrored on 61.5. For example, the LA HD stations are only on 129; NY HD stations are only on 61.5. May not be important to you, but for those of us waiting to get distant HD feeds from both coasts, it is good to be able to see 61.5/110/119/129.

Dish tells me that the HD locals in NY and LA are for local people in those areas only and are not authorized for distant nets. We will not get the HD nets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts