Is anyone else getting mailed every Yahoo voom post. HELP!`

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I joined Yahoo group a few days ago. Have been member of Satguys for awhile.
I guess I choose to recieve all Yahoo posts thru email.

I went back in and cancelled email of posts. I even went back in to Yahoo to check and it confirmed that I dont have email chosen to receive.

However I am getting all Yahoo voom group posts emailed to me!
Is this a cross group glitch?
anyone else have this problem.
Please help.

Check the properties of the email it will tell you whos emailing them to you.

The only way SatelliteGuys would mail them to you is if you sucribed to certain threads. Other then that we would mail you nothing.

I should note that I signed up for the Yahoogroup for the SatelliteGuys gateway a few days ago, it took over 24 hours before I was emailed anything from the VOOM group.

I just checked and am loaded with them also. I latest email is from Scott which is the previous post the he just posted. Same time stamp also. 8:56
Weird huh?

Every VOOM post on this forum is showing up as an email. I dont have the email address listed with Satellite Guys but do have it listed for the Yahoo forum I joined a few days ago. Whats up with that?

You will still get messages to your inbox from the VOOM group. If you no longer want to set email in your box from VOOM you need to unsubscribe at Yahoogroups.

SatelliteGuys is not emailing you anything. :) That I am sure of. :D

Re: [VOOM] Re: Is anyone else getting mailed every Yahoo voom post. HELP!`

I am not subscribing to Yahoo voom email auto service anylonger but they are still being sent! 

-------Original Message-------

Date: 06/07/04 18:14:02

To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [VOOM] Re: Is anyone else getting mailed every Yahoo voom post. HELP!`

You will still get messages to your inbox from the VOOM group.  If you
no longer want to set email in your box from VOOM you need to
unsubscribe at Yahoogroups.

SatelliteGuys is not emailing you anything. :)  That I am sure of. :D

--
Scott Greczkowski

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Groups Links
To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/
  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yes, the messages are still being sent to you by Yahoogroups, it could take up to 24 hours from the time you change your mail settings (or unsubscibe to the group on yahoogroups) before those changes actually take effect.

I posted the following to SatelliteGuys a little while ago to help explain whats going on. For the benifit of all I will post it below.

BTW I should note (and this is VERY IMPORTANT) that many people are unsubscribing from the VOOM Yahoogroup however they are still getting email from the VOOM Yahoogroup.

Sometimes it takes YAHOOGROUPS up to 24 hours to stop sending you email.

SatelliteGuys.US DOES NOT send you VOOM emails (unless you subscribed to a specific VOOM thread)

This is a problem with YAHOOGROUPS and not a problem because of the SatelliteGuys YAHOO Gateway. Unfortunetly the emails will stop coming from the Yahoogroups when they stop, there is nothing I can do personally nor anything the Yahoogroups VOOM moderator to stop the emails from coming. Again they will stop within 24 hours.

Thanks for your understanding!

Yep, same thing happened here. For about 24 hours after signing up at Yahoo my inbox was bombarded with emails about new posts. After the 24 hours and unsubscribing about ten times they stopped. Personnally I think the whole setup over at Yahoo is confusing and not very user friendly.