Is Anyone Else Having this Problem with the Voom Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TimR21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I ordered the Voom channels yesterday. To my dismay, when I got home from work I could tune to them, but I only got black. All the HD PAK channels work fine, but Voom just teases me with the guide info and no picture/audio. All other content that I receive on 61.5 is coming in as normal.

I spent an hour on the phone last night with "advanced" tech suppport. After doing check switches, 811 reboots and SW64 reboots he was about to send me under my house at 10 o'clock at night to look at my SW64 to make sure everything was hooked up right. Just before we did that he said he just found out that they "might" be having a problem with lower, odd numbered transponders on 61.5 (specifically 1,3,5,7 - the ones that the VOOM channels want I suppose). I could not key in those transponder numbers in the POINT DISH screen. The tech support guy told me to "sit on it" for a day or so and see if they show up!???!!!!

Am I the only one that's having this problem? From what I'm reading here, it seems that y'all are enjoying the channels with little to no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
TimR><>

I called today to get the Voom package and was told i could not. That this was for new sub not current at this time. Was I given a line of bull?

Tim, I just activated Voom 30 minutes ago, and I am in the exact same boat as you. Can pick up everything on 61.5 except Voom, says signal not found. And as you mentioned, the transponders that have Voom are not showing up in my point Dish screen as well.

Did a reboot, switch check to no avail. Signal strength is great on all the other transponders I can select. Very weird.

Svarney, the CSR that I talked to initially also told me the same thing. I told her that current Dish customers have been ordering for the past couple of days. After a few "one moments" they went to green in my guide. So either call back, or insist that existing customers are getting them now.

Of course, even though I'm getting them, I'm not yet! :(

I had to re-peak my dish to pick up the VOOM channels. My 61.5 was seeing a signal strength of about 60 and I couldnt see the lower odd transponders. I moved it around until I got 120+ on the signal strength and now they all come in just fine (including on my 811).

Well angiodan you might be right, however, there is a known 811 issue with Voom channels and the orginally poster did indicate he had an 811 so I wanted to make him aware of it. You might be having the same issue or then again they might be two seperate issues.

voom at 61.5 needs to have at least 85% or better signal to work for some reason in some locations i had about 79% after a wind storm re peaked dish and soon as i hit 85% it came back got 117% after repeaking so i got room for fade now and been good to go ever since.

TimR21 said:
I ordered the Voom channels yesterday. To my dismay, when I got home from work I could tune to them, but I only got black. All the HD PAK channels work fine, but Voom just teases me with the guide info and no picture/audio. All other content that I receive on 61.5 is coming in as normal.

I spent an hour on the phone last night with "advanced" tech suppport. After doing check switches, 811 reboots and SW64 reboots he was about to send me under my house at 10 o'clock at night to look at my SW64 to make sure everything was hooked up right. Just before we did that he said he just found out that they "might" be having a problem with lower, odd numbered transponders on 61.5 (specifically 1,3,5,7 - the ones that the VOOM channels want I suppose). I could not key in those transponder numbers in the POINT DISH screen. The tech support guy told me to "sit on it" for a day or so and see if they show up!???!!!!

Am I the only one that's having this problem? From what I'm reading here, it seems that y'all are enjoying the channels with little to no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
TimR><>
no problem here

I called and talked with Tech support again they said the voom channels were for new sub. Plus i complained about the past month and a half worth of guide lockups i have been having. They somewhat told me to bad you will get it fixed when we feel it is a problem.

Thanks!

Well, after reading about some of you guys having good luck with repeaking the dish, I tried it myself last night. It worked! It seems like 95% is the magic number to get the VOOM channels locked in. I was down around 85 or 87 earlier in the week when I had the VOOM channels activated, but could not see them. Evidently, that's good enough for most 61.5 programming, but not the VOOM 10.

I've never noticed that my signal strength had drifted that low (87ish). When the dish was first installed, I know it was much higher than that. Maybe it had something to do with the 4 hurricanes we had here in Florida last year! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions and the help. Now I can officially say that I'm VOOMIN'!

TimR><>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)