Is anyone watch the Boston Fireworks Show in HD tonite??

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Just wondering how the quality of a fireworks display is in HD vs SD (analog)

I see the fireworks are on CBS-HD.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bob N1WBD

n1wbd said:
Just wondering how the quality of a fireworks display is in HD vs SD (analog)

I see the fireworks are on CBS-HD.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bob N1WBD

Just because the programming is on CBS-HD doesn't mean the the source is HD.. In, fact, it isn't.

BFG said:
are you sure? there's no mention of it being HD...

Sorry maybe it's only on locally in Boston in HD?

Maybe I should ask is the upconversion on CBS-HD any better quality than SD

Even in Boston OTA it was NOT HD at all (which disappointed me alot). You would think that for something this eventful the local CBS station would get HD cameras out and make a real good production of it. But no, they have to interrupt it with too many commercials, thereby missing some of the concert, and do in general a pretty bad job producing it.

Oh well, At least it is one of the best shows out there anyways...

Reedl

Fireworks

HDNET carried fireworks last night. VERY clear but lacked some color. Sound was great and they had music to go with the fireworks. Found myself flipping back and forth to another channel.

reedl said:
Even in Boston OTA it was NOT HD at all (which disappointed me alot). You would think that for something this eventful the local CBS station would get HD cameras out and make a real good production of it. But no, they have to interrupt it with too many commercials, thereby missing some of the concert, and do in general a pretty bad job producing it.

Oh well, At least it is one of the best shows out there anyways...

Reedl

I long for the days when this was on A&E/WCVB. The production values really went downhill when they switched to CBS; long commercial breaks and of course, joining the 1812 Overture in progress for the national audience.

Jaspear said:
I long for the days when this was on A&E/WCVB. The production values really went downhill when they switched to CBS; long commercial breaks and of course, joining the 1812 Overture in progress for the national audience.

I can't agree more. It used to be sooooo good. I enjoyed all of the music from the Pops, then the 1812 finale with the fireworks. Now all you get is the fireworks with part of the 1812. It's the pits, I don't even tune in anymore. I stick with A Capitol Fourth on PBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)