Is Bloomberg Free This Week?

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I am not suppose to have Blomberg News on my setup but I have it this week. Is dish offering it free this week for a special or something.

I have the 120 channel package with local channels and the outdoor channel. I called too see if they were charging me and they said they were not.

Thanks for the info.

You can thank the new dish home for that.

Any channels they use in the mosaic that are not in your normal package becomes free :)

well that's just a term people use.

They opened those channels up so the dish home mosaic would work properly...

BFG said:
Any channels they use in the mosaic that are not in your normal package becomes free :)

not all of them :)

I have just locals and when I go to 100 MSNBC & Bloomberg are opened but not the rest. It says "Channel not subscribed" on the screen

What Channel is the Moasic on?

I have the 120 channel package. What channel is the mosaic on?

I looked at 100 4 or 5 days ago and there was no mosaic there.

I assume the mosaic is a collection of about 6 channels that show on one screen. Is that correct.

My 510 has it now, it's actually useful now that the audio switches to the channel when you highlight it. Channel selection blows though, how'd E get into this?

4 channels talking about hurrican Katrina (CNN, MSNBC, TWC, and bloomberg), one channel which is unwatchable in such a small window because half their appeal is the pretty people on screen (E), and Court tv, what purpose does this have...

If this was customizable I might find more use. I imagine next time a White Bronco goes rolling down the highway i'd like to use the mosaic but not with this channel lineup. Say what you will about fox news but they get the better camera angles over cnn...

Iceberg said:
not all of them :)

I have just locals and when I go to 100 MSNBC & Bloomberg are opened but not the rest. It says "Channel not subscribed" on the screen

Sorry, I should've said the open it up so folks that have AT60 and AT120 packages can get the channels used in the mosiac.

I wasn't including non-subscribers like you.

I guess it's easy for them to just make a free preview, than to lower to subscription required.

justalurker said:
It's only temporary. "Free Preview" is easier to turn on and later turn off than to change the true subscription level of the channel from AT180 to AT60 and expect to get it back to AT180 on all receivers later on.

JL

That's what I thought. Knowing how E* operates, I don't think E* is gonna give us 2 free channels.

How Do I get the Moasic

Ok. I have a 721 and two 301's with a super dish. I just up-ed my subscription to the 180 package with locals.

When I go to channel 100, I only see the Dish Home screen with 7 options on the left. The right has one window with "Watch the new dish home" in it.

How do I get the Mosaic.

You're still on the old dish home, you just gotta wait until your receive gets the new update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts