Is Directv customer service this terrible or just us?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As an installer, I know there are ample Spanish language Customer Service Representatives (CSR) who are very smart and current on Directv procedures. There are also CSRs who have other language skills. Just ask for someone who speaks a language in which you are comfortable.

Dongle ?

Joe

Think there reffering to the Wireless to either bridge adapter we call out wireless connection kit.

Thanks,

I looked around.....= Dongle printable version
This funny-sounding computer term has two widely different definitions that are completely unrelated:

1. A security key. This is a little hardware device that plugs into the serial or USB port of a computer. Its purpose is to ensure that only authorized users can use certain software applications. If you have never seen a dongle, don't be surprised. They are only used with expensive, high-end software programs that most people have never heard of, much less use. When a program that comes with a dongle runs, it checks the dongle for verification as it is loading. If it doesn't find the dongle, the computer explodes. Well, not really -- usually the program just quits. If more than one application requires a dongle, multiple dongles using the same port can be daisy-chained together. Basically, if you ever find yourself daisy-chaining multiple dongles together, you must be doing pretty well in life.

2. A laptop Ethernet card adapter. This is a little connector that attaches to a PC card in a laptop on one end, and to an Ethernet cable on the other end. Since most PC (or PCMCIA) network interface cards are too small to connect directly to a standard RJ-45 Ethernet cable, they need this little adapter that connects the card to the cable. (3Com cards that use an "X-Jack" connector do not need a dongle.) As far as why the name dongle is used, I have no idea.

I am not working hard enough at keeping up.

Joe

Joe Diamond said:
As an installer, I know there are ample Spanish language Customer Service Representatives (CSR) who are very smart and current on Directv procedures. There are also CSRs who have other language skills. Just ask for someone who speaks a language in which you are comfortable.

Dongle ?

Joe

Can I also ask for one that speaks better English than many of the ones I get ? Without offending them ?

Can I also ask for one that speaks better English than many of the ones I get ? Without offending them ?

Jimbo,

Always remember the fundamental CSR shuffle!........."Let me call you back...I am not hearing you clearly......hello...hello...click!"

Then wait one and call back. You will get a different CSR and you can begin again.

I gotta say the Directv people I have dealt with, as an installer, have been pretty helpful. They all seem to want to do a good & prompt job. Everyone has a first day at a new job so slack is required. After dealing with the off shore centers the HSPs use the Directv centers are a walk in the park.

Joe

isn't there a compatible linksys wireless adapter for the HR2x series? the OP's brother could be using that for wireless.

isn't there a compatible linksys wireless adapter for the HR2x series? the OP's brother could be using that for wireless.

There are several wireless ethernet ports available form linksys and other companies.
Some use wireless signal and others send the signal through the electrical lines.

my brother is coming over tomorrow to hook it up by wire, sorry saying its was wireless

so today my brother try to hook it up as directv told us to do, and then we called to ask for help, when they said a tech needed to pull in a 2nd line in! well you never told us that and why would you tell us we can hook it up

so today my brother try to hook it up as directv told us to do, and then we called to ask for help, when they said a tech needed to pull in a 2nd line in! well you never told us that and why would you tell us we can hook it up

Are you using a SWiM set up or a standard Slimline 3 or 5 ?
IF your using a SWiM set up, you don't need a second line ran.

This is exactly WHY you need a tech to come out. No one can see exactly what you have now and how its setup; including the poor CSR (not a tech or engineer) and you don't know either. So you really need to just let them send the tech and get it done correctly and save yourself all the frustrations. Sorry; just saying.

we asked for a tech, 5 or more times, and we got the protection plan, my thinking is now, if we don't have the protection plan the send tech out because more money to them

let me ask this today we had tech here to hook up the 2nd line to my DVR, however because my brother moved out he just took that line and extension it to my DVR and it should work i will try it out tonight, but here my question i got on-demand and the tech was shock because i don't have a black box? what was he talking about?

what was he talking about?

Something he shouldn't be because he doesn't know what he is saying.

He is probably referring to the power inserter used on SWM or a broadband deca neither which is a must for On Demand.

More then likely, he is a new tech only knows one way to achieve on demand.

My 2 cents. Every time I call D* I know the fact that the CS job is hard. You can't please everybody and from there I'm corteous to the CS and patience with them. I had a couple of bad service call but called later with better results. Let don't blame all the CS, there good CS out there and a few that don't know s$*!@ from apple sauce.

I`ve always wondered, when DTV or Dish, hires a new CSR, they receive any actual HANDS ON TRAINING with the equipment.
Not a lot, but actually doing a hard reboot, or actually doing the setup on the on screen menus. Simple stuff, but probably a large % of their calls.
My guess is the new CSR`s have a booklet with pictures and instructions (i.e. script) as to what to do (say).
DTV`s CSR`s are incredibly inept. But I really don`t think it`s all their fault.
They can only work with the tools they`re given.
We know DTV hasn`t blown the budget on HD, but they haven`t blown the budget on CSR training, either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)