is dish 1000 a must

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvanya

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Currently have dish 500 for 110/119 and another for 61.5. I have called dish twice in the last 2 weeks to request a dish 1000 to replace the 500 in order to pick up 129. It's almost like they are arguing with me about it and told me to wait until after the CC last night to see if I needed 129 to pick up the new channels. So whats the story, are they going to broadcast the new ones on 129 and 61.5. Wasn't directly addressed but all the upgrade options included installation of a 1000.

And does anyone know the details for us customers who want to upgrade 2 recievers. Have an 811 and a 942.

I keep asking this same relatively simple question and no one seems to know.

Why can't you get ALL the Dish birds--even the new Voom HD channels--with two 500 roof dishes and a new VIP411 or 622? What's the magic the new 1000 roof dish has?

What if you get the baltimore locals, which are on 105?
And you qualify for CBS HD, which is only on 61.5.
And it looks like Universal HD is only on 129 (dishchannelchart).
And of course you need 110 & 119.

That's 5 locations that I'll need to look at.
There is no switch made for that.
And, neither the superdish or the dish 1000, will look at 4 locations.

Any thoughts?

Ok here we go, I've been reading alot and this is what I've been able to figure out. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :) If you currently have a dish for 110/119 & 61.5 you will not need a Dish 1000. There are parts of the country that a Dish 1000 won't work, angle on 129 is to low.

tankerman, Universal HD will be uplinked to 61.5. In fact I think it's already there, care to ring in on this goaliebob? So if your locals are on 105 your already using the SuperDish for 105/110/119, and if you have a dish for 61.5 you should be good to go in the antenna area.

Last edited:
That's cool if that's the case. But now begs another question. Upgrade from an 811 to a vip211 is $49 but the cost was supposed to be for the dish install. If I don't need the install, then I should get it free, right? Probably wasn't what charlie thought was going to happen so I'm sure that wont float. Last night was the first cc I have watched and it leaves just as many questions as it answers.

rvanya said:
That's cool if that's the case. But now begs another question. Upgrade from an 811 to a vip211 is $49 but the cost was supposed to be for the dish install. If I don't need the install, then I should get it free, right? Probably wasn't what charlie thought was going to happen so I'm sure that wont float. Last night was the first cc I have watched and it leaves just as many questions as it answers.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Charile Chat, it's the show you are going to love to hate.

The lease upgrade will be free, but you will still pay for the service call. In other words they are going to get the $49 outta ya. :)

Last edited:
jonesbruce91361 said:
I keep asking this same relatively simple question and no one seems to know.

Why can't you get ALL the Dish birds--even the new Voom HD channels--with two 500 roof dishes and a new VIP411 or 622? What's the magic the new 1000 roof dish has?
What are all the orbital slots to which you are refering?
Perhaps this will help....to receive the 110,119,129 the d-1000 is the way to go...
One of our techs tried to use a d-500 antenna to catch the 129 bird..No luck.....Plus he called advanced tech to get the azimuth and elevation..The CSR would NOT give out the info....so for a non technical person to try this would leave one pulling thier hair out...I haven't tried to nail the 129 at home yet, but when I get time I'll give it a whirl..If i can do it, I'll pass it along

BrianMis said:
Ok here we go, I've been reading alot and this is what I've been able to figure out. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :) If you currently have a dish for 110/119 & 61.5 you will not need a Dish 1000. There are parts of the country that a Dish 1000 won't work, angle on 129 is to low.
tankerman, Universal HD will be uplinked to 61.5. In fact I think it's already there, care to ring in on this goaliebob? So if your locals are on 105 your already using the SuperDish for 105/110/119, and if you have a dish for 61.5 you should be good to go in the antenna area.
you would be correct on the 129..the elevation is quite low and a clear line of sight is much more difficult to obtain once you get north of 38 or 39 degrees latitude...at that point one would have to start concerning themselves with trees across the street from their home.

OK, Here's my scenerio. I have a SuperDish pointed at 105/110/119 and want to add the Voom channels so I assume I am going to need to add a single dish pointed at 61.5 and then change out my 34 switch for a 44 switch. Am I correct? Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks

I just swapped out my dish 500 antenna with a Dish 1000 antenna.
I am waiting on a DPP44 switch so I can get my dish that is looking
at 148 (CBS-HD)

I also called to check on swapping my leased 811 with a 211, I was
told I would have to wait til the end of March when my 12 month
lease agreement is up. Anyone else hear that?

netminder32 said:
I just swapped out my dish 500 antenna with a Dish 1000 antenna.
I am waiting on a DPP44 switch so I can get my dish that is looking
at 148 (CBS-HD)

I also called to check on swapping my leased 811 with a 211, I was
told I would have to wait til the end of March when my 12 month
lease agreement is up. Anyone else hear that?

I'm in the same boat as you.

I currently have 2 500's with one pointed at 148.
I am planning on upgrading to the 1000.

When dish comes out to upgrade to the 1000 will the provide a DPP44 for free, or are they gonna make me pay for it.

I'm gonna make an assumption that CBS-HD will be made available on 129 (the dish 1000) when they make all the changes on 2/1)

BFG said:
I'm gonna make an assumption that CBS-HD will be made available on 129 (the dish 1000) when they make all the changes on 2/1)

So far I have talked to about a half dozen reps....the have no
knowledge of the CBS-HD (west) feed being moved. I was told
I need to purchase a DPP44 switch. I upgraded to the Dish1000
antenna because I could not get the HD channels that were on

Not sure what will happen on or after Feb 1st

I just want to know BEFORE the tech shows up, if I'm going to need a DPP 44.

I *want* Dish to provide for free.

The only channel I really watch on a regular basis on 148 is CBS-HD, and occasionally a few other locals.

I just don't want them to come out, and say.. oops.. you need a DPP44, I don't have one in the truck. you will need to buy it, and schedule another day for a tech to come out.

I wonder if they are going to keep the MPEG2 CBS-HD on 148 and have the "MPEG4" CBS-HD on 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts