Is Dish 300 same as original Directv dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi, I am probably going to go with a Dish HD setup, but I live in the northeast so I will require two dishes. I was told that a Dish300 will do the trick for HD pointed at the 61.5 bird. I have an existing regular Directv dual LNB already installed.

I read on a website that the Dish300 and the Directv dishes and LNBs were interchangable??? Can someone confirm? Can I just repoint the Directv dish and use the existing Directv LNB and run a cable from that to the DPP twin input on the Dish 500 that I will have for the 110 & 119? :eureka

Thanks!?

A Dish300 and a DirecTV dish are pretty much the same.
But in reading the end of your post, it won’t work.
DirecTV LNB’s are Legacy. Dish Network older LNB’s are Legacy also
You mention a DishProPlus Twin on 110/119. You cannot mix Legacy & DishPro/DishProPlus LNB’s/switches. You would need to put a DishPro LNB on the 2nd dish.

Iceberg said:
A Dish300 and a DirecTV dish are pretty much the same.
But in reading the end of your post, it won’t work.
DirecTV LNB’s are Legacy. Dish Network older LNB’s are Legacy also
You mention a DishProPlus Twin on 110/119. You cannot mix Legacy & DishPro/DishProPlus LNB’s/switches. You would need to put a DishPro LNB on the 2nd dish.

And I'm going to guess that the DP LNB on the directv dish/arm won't fit? :mad:

Bertbarndoor Directv dishes sold by Hughes usually had a "D" tube arm on them they were built by the same company that DISH was using. Most Directv dishes were rectangular tubes and without modification will not hold an E* LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)