is Dish Network gonna pull the plug on the Sirius-XM music channels.

I hope they don't drop 'em, since I can't get Sirius online anymore with my lifetime sub... it's nice to have a way to listen in the house.
I have a XM MyFi. I am able to plug it directly into my audio receiver to get the XM channels. I wont be missing the XM channels as I never listen to them through Direct. I can see how others would miss them and I still believe this is a stupid move on Direct's part.

Actually you have this backwards, since they merged XM has ruined Sirius.

If you want to look at this objectively, every major channel decision made by the "merged" company adopted the Sirius way to do it.

Look at the music channels as an example. Repetative playlists, many more DJs doing way too much talking, more commercials. This all came from the Sirius side.

On the management front, most of all the top brass are the Sirius management with the XM side bought out or downsized. The head of the Co is Mel Karmazin who came from Sirius. The bloated contracts came from Sirius.

The studios were moved into the Sirius building in NYC.

If you don't like the merged company then I guess you did not like Sirius pre-merger either.

no,no no the XM influence has ruined the sirius channels IMO,but thats my 2 cents-for every 2 people you ask,you'll get get 2 strong opinions.(R.I.P. HARD ATTACK)

XM was better

No, I disagree, XM is no more,it has been taken over and replaced by Sirius.

The playlists suck now. I want my old XM channels back!

I agree - XM was better - we dropped our subs in March after having XM since 2003 - and wasn't that fun - Had to call three times to get it done right. Loved Fred, Ethel and Lucy.

Now ya get to listen to overblown Richard Blade blather on about how important he is.

If you want to look at this objectively, every major channel decision made by the "merged" company adopted the Sirius way to do it.

Look at the music channels as an example. Repetative playlists, many more DJs doing way too much talking, more commercials. This all came from the Sirius side.

On the management front, most of all the top brass are the Sirius management with the XM side bought out or downsized. The head of the Co is Mel Karmazin who came from Sirius. The bloated contracts came from Sirius.

The studios were moved into the Sirius building in NYC.

If you don't like the merged company then I guess you did not like Sirius pre-merger either.
Exactly. I have a hard time seeing how Sirius was ruined since it was XM that actually changed. Those that had Sirius were not affected much at all as pretty much everything stayed the same for them.

How can that be possible since just about everything changed to the original Sirius lineup?

That is not true.
Examples
Sirius 60's Vibrations and Totaly 70's channels changed into XM's 60's on 6 and 70's on 7 they are no where near the quallity they were before.

Actually, XM was the best until Sirius got a hold of them. Now they are only the best out of default.

Sirius and XM were both good until the merger. They both had a lot larger playlist before the merger. When the merger went through they shrunk all the playlists. When the merger went through they got rid of the good program directors. They also got rid of the good talent. Oh wait. I thought this thread was about the possibility of Dish dropping SiriusXM.

So Directv is definitely dropping the XM stations and DISH is not? Sounds like a bad time at DIRECTV with this and a 5.00 price increase too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts