Is Dish planning on more HD channels, like Oxygen?

Yes NASA is available in 4K but streaming only. DirecTV is SD only as well for their channel.
The official C-band broadcast is available in both HD and 4K, I'm told. (I don't have a C-band dish.) But that's actually irrelevant to my point -- even if the higher resolutions were available only by streaming, they're still linear broadcasts, as far as I know, so small-dish providers could pick them up that way if they wanted.

Reactions: pattykay
To me, plasmas always looked like a bunch of dots. The the latest models (Panasonic?) came out and they looked great. And were driven from the market. First, they didn’t see going to UHD or even doing well at HD, cost wise. Second, true or not, California instituted energy efficiency requirements for all TVs. Plasmas took too much energy.

Or did they? Maybe it was the threat of further energy rules.

I still remember a sales critter in BB telling a custy that he’d have to recharge the plasma every now and then. SWMBO restrained me. Physically pushed me out the store. I wonder how much THAT nonsense helped with the demise of what became a great technology, with unmatched blacks (means more than you may think). I hear some of these still go for premium prices on eBay.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
50 pound 65” Samsung here. I had to wait till my better half got home to hang it. Damn screen died barely a month after purchase. I had to deal with South Korea pro duct support. Next time I’ll get a big son-in-law to yell “pull”!

Reactions: navychop
If you are looking at an HD picture on 4K TV you are looking at an upscaled HD image to 4K. Your TV is doing that automatically. It does look close and you might not see any difference. I might agree about 8K except if you have a very, very large screen, something over 100". You get that big 8K could make some difference.
And if you can afford a 75 inch 8k tv and have a large enough space to hang it or set it up.

Even if it is just a flat pane of glass, with no border around it, you still need a wall with enough free space to hold a 75-inch diagonal screen.
My 65 inch lcd is only slightly bigger than my 52 inch dlp( rear screen projection with large speakers)... I did have to add a sound bar with sub wolfer sound system.. its not as bad as the size makes it sound

My 65 inch lcd is only slightly bigger than my 52 inch dlp( rear screen projection with large speakers)... I did have to add a sound bar with sub wolfer sound system.. its not as bad as the size makes it sound

To clarify, it has speakers but they're weak.

I wish they would just provide speaker terminals. I opened up the TV in the bedroom and wired in a small set of external speakers, sounds so much better than the internals. Didn't need anything elaborate in there, but it's nice to be able to hear the news or late show clearly when in bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)