Is dish responsible for leased equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lasher66

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
HI,
My 522 receiver crashed on me and wont even turn on. I lease my equipment, so I thought it would be dish networks responsibility to replace it free of charge. Well, they are going to replace it free of charge because I leased it for 3 yrs, but I have to pay the 24.99 shipping to replace the receiver. Then the guy tryed selling me insurance for 5.99 a month to cover the equipment, because he said normally I would have to pay for the receiver even if it is a crashed hard drive. Is this there normal practice? I figured that dish would even cover the shipping since it was there equipment that crapped out on me. Thanks for any help given.

Jason

Receivers have a 1 year warranty. Instead of you having to pay several hundred dollars for it to begin with, they lease it to you (allow you to use it). After the warranty period if you do not have the Dish Home Protection Plan or other similar warranty on the account, the option is an Out Of Warranty Exchange, which is what this sounds like.
BTW...Within the 1 year warranty the customer still has to pay shipping which is standard practice not only with Dish but others as well.
You had good life out of it if it lasted three years.

The Dish Home Protection Plan would cover the shipping and any problems with aiming, cabling, dish or switchgear.

One-way shipping is covered under most situations. In the case of the satellite providers, they choose to cover the return shipping and you pay the incoming shipping unless you grace them with $72/year for extended service.

If you were to RMA any other warranted piece of electronics (radio, computer, etc), you would probably be responsible for return shipping and the company would pay incoming shipping.

Just add the $5.99 insurance plan for 1 month and then cancel it after you get the receiver replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)