Is Dishstore.net TRUSTWORTHY ???

BrianSLA

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Hi ,

I am sure it is BUT I wonder when I was browsing for a Pocketdish 700 and see this written on their site:

" Rebates are handeled through DISH Network and Archos, Dishstore does not handel the mail in rebate for this item and will not be held responcible if for some reason you do not get your rebate. "

Take a look at the disclaimer on the bottom of it's Pocketdish 700 page. Is this a real store or a ten year old kid who wants credit card numbers? " Handeled .... handel " and they are not " responcible " ???

I was seriously tempted to buy a Pocketdish 700 but then I see all the spelling mistakes and it makes you wonder if the site is legit or who the heck runs the place.

It's run by Scott Greczkowski & Claude Greiner. Scott runs this place, and has a notorious spelling problem.

Claude is also a good guy.

That said, the spelling is atrocious :)

LER

I would personally say that I always would choose dishstore over many other retailers of Dish equipment. The only reason I went with dish depot on my 622 was they had the pre-order list up first. But I didn't get the kind of service I am used to with dishstore. (tracking info, good order status updates, actually responding to email etc, I had to call often to get updates from dish depot.). Also, dishstore is within 1 day ground service to me, so it's like every order is overnighted.

I have purchased several items from DishStore.Net and I am on the waiting list for a VIP622. They have always done a great job of handling my orders quickly and efficiently. Perhaps the spelling is not the greatest but the prices and customer service more than make up for it. :)

BrianSLA said:
Hi ,

I am sure it is BUT I wonder when I was browsing for a Pocketdish 700 and see this written on their site:

" Rebates are handeled through DISH Network and Archos, Dishstore does not handel the mail in rebate for this item and will not be held responcible if for some reason you do not get your rebate. "

Take a look at the disclaimer on the bottom of it's Pocketdish 700 page. Is this a real store or a ten year old kid who wants credit card numbers? " Handeled .... handel " and they are not " responcible " ???

I was seriously tempted to buy a Pocketdish 700 but then I see all the spelling mistakes and it makes you wonder if the site is legit or who the heck runs the place.
10-year-old kids aren't generally gold sponsors of other people's websites. See the top of this page.

Dishstore.net rocks. Ordered a dish500 with I-adaptor and lnb Thursday around 1pm. It shipped same day and arrived the next day.

It should also be noted that DishStore.NET GIVES back to the Satellite Community, did you know over the past 2+ years we have given away almost $30,000 in prizes from DishStore.NET?

Also it should be noted that other sites like to seem to rip off photos from DishStore.NET to use on their stores and online auctions. I guess they are too lazy to take their own photos. :D

Yea, I do agree my spelling could be better. Thanks for pointing it out I'll look into correcting it ASAP!

The disclosures, are there for a reason. As far as rebates, I can't even count how many times over the years I have sold an item that had a rebate and I have had customers contact me wanting me to make good on a rebate that they never received. DISH is pretty good about getting rebates sent out, but I can't be held responcible if you don't get them.

Another example is my no price protection Policy.

We get no price protection from DISH Network when we purchase product and because of that we cannot make adjustments to to the price after the sale is complete.

Last year remember when they dropped the DISH 921 price from $999 to $599? We had a pretty good deal for our customers and where charging $840, and everyone was happy with that price until DISH announced a price drop to $599.

Now all of a sudden people who bought their units at $840 wanted us to credit back the difference. I had my hands tied because Dish was not offering me any sort of price protection on their end, and at the same time I had customers wanting to send back units that where brand new in the box.

The ones that where still in transit and not delivered I had no choice but to credit back, but for the customers who had their unit a few weeks I couldn't credit back since now the unit was considered used.

It costs us over $3200 in adjustments to take care of the problem :(

But it comes out to what happened just last week Dish dropped the MRSP on the pocket Dish units almost $100. We are not even making $100 on this item, there is no possible way I could do price adjustments on purchases made before the price drop and take a loss on the sale.

The other disclosure about recording on a 921 and on a 522 is because customers bought these units and tried to return them to me after they where opened because they where not aware they did not work with a 522 and wanted a full refund. I can't re-sell returned units at the same price and expect customers to pay the same price as a new one.

But we do our best to take care of our customers and little things like Dishes and switches I don't really care about. But for big ticket items like a pocket Dish you got to make a full disclosure because we just can't afford to have the best prices and have people return stuff because they didn't know.

favorite supplier

A couple of years ago, I called up Claude Greiner (I should spell his name wrong just to make a point ;) ), and ordered about a thousand dollars worth of hardware.
That was Monday. I got my shipment on Thursday or Friday, thousands of miles away, and in good condition.
Not only did he have the best price on the items I needed, but he had stock, and hell of a good attitude when I called.
Two years later, everything still works, and I'd go out of my way (I am now) to recommend DishStore.

As for rebates, I was in my local Radio Shack store, and some disgruntled customer was bitching that he didn't get his $50 rebate on some LCD TV.
Turns out, he had not sent along the UPC code, and had tossed out the box.
Well, now, how the heck is it the store's problem when the idiot customer shot himself in the foot?

Last edited:
THANKS for your replies Scott & Claude,

Yeah I was only kidding when I wrote the thread up... I didn't know you actually ran the store & the board. I did think that Dishstore was obviously a major sponsor of this site when I see all your ads here.

I saw the thread on Pocketdishes being so cheap / the rebate here & DBSTalk... so I looked up your store. I am DVRing so much stuff since I got my 622 installed on Wednesday ( it is my first DVR & i love it . I love the HD DVRing of the Sopranos / Big Love & Battlestar Galactica HD I did today ). I am DVRing so much stuff now that I am seriously thinking about the Pocketdish to watch at work during my breaks.

Anyway so the Pocketdish cheap thread got my interest so I started researching. Dishnetwork's own site has a broken link in it's Pocketdish page on it's technical characteristics. Anyway i got to your site & saw how cheap the 7" Pocketdish was BUT then I saw all that bad spelling on the site and it got me worried that you aren't a real business or a professional one. Obviously you are with all your supporters here backing you guys up.

I've purchaed things from dishstore.net in the past. In fact, my last purchase of satellite equipment was from them, and have been considering signing up on the 622 list.

They were friendly, quick, and my equipment is working perfectly!!!

I have purchased from them also, no problems.
If you look around at many retailers the policy for some items is exactly as you stated, if you have a problem see the manufacturer!!
I recently purchased an item from CC and the salesman stated (after he tried to push the extended warranty) that if I had a problem (after 30 days) I needed to deal directly with the manufacturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)