is dtv switching to a new satellite a year from now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i live in mexico in the winters and bring a reciever down to get my tv.i think dtv frowns on this so i don`t want to break any forum rules.anyway we have to use at least a 1.8 meter dish to get most of the transponders on the 101 satellite. 103 and 99 are not possible without special modifications and retuned lnb`s,but that doesn`t concern me as i get all the channels i want.a local satellite guy told me that dtv will be siwtching to a new bird next year and the that will require alot smaller dish.any truth to this ?thanks

i live in mexico in the winters and bring a reciever down to get my tv.i think dtv frowns on this so i don`t want to break any forum rules.anyway we have to use at least a 1.8 meter dish to get most of the transponders on the 101 satellite. 103 and 99 are not possible without special modifications and retuned lnb`s,but that doesn`t concern me as i get all the channels i want.a local satellite guy told me that dtv will be siwtching to a new bird next year and the that will require alot smaller dish.any truth to this ?thanks

Haven't heard anything like that yet ...

They just made the footprint smaller,. not long ago by using the 99, 101 and 103 Sats.

DirecTV is ADDING a new satellite D14 with launch (last time I looked) in late 2013. And then another satellite D15 sometime in 2015 maybe. Don't see why this should affect what is being delivered on 101.

DirecTV is ADDING a new satellite D14 with launch (last time I looked) in late 2013. And then another satellite D15 sometime in 2015 maybe. Don't see why this should affect what is being delivered on 101.

But Tex, this is just the usual Sats that they launch every few years and hope to have a spare "Just in Case" type of thing ...

Nothing specifically referring to what Prop was wondering about, right ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)