Is FSN HD ever coming to DISH?

CapeFish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Cape Coral, FL -- College: FSU
My local FSN RSNs are FSN Florida and Sun Sports. Both are in HD via cable, with Sun Sports also being on DirecTV in HD. With the advent of MPEG4 on DISH, will FSN Florida HD come back from the VOOM dead to be on DISH's HD lineup? Right now FSN Florida HD is doing almost every home Panthers game, select road games, and will do the same with most of the 150 Marlins games for 2006 and only Comcast and other cabel subscribers get it.

As I understand, DirecTV is now showing in-market HD games for *Fox-owned* regional sports networks. Dish is showing none. Note that many, including many with the Fox name, are not Fox-owned, like Fox Sports Bay Area (Rainbow Media).

Many of these nets cut fiber deals with local cable companies, so they never have to see a bird at all to get to cable local subscribers.

To me, it's basically a LiL issue. Not having regional sports (in HD) is a major omission for Dish. It's a reason I only keep a minimal package with them so I can afford cable with my home teams in HD.

the fsn florida broadcasts is one of those cut with the local cable company. Comcast. Adelphia is the cable co in Palm Beach and those folks don't get it either.

Dish's problem is that they have been using Fox Owned FSN feeds in the sports packages, but haven't been making the network they're using available to those inside that network's viewing territory, where directv does do this

I know that, but their HD broadcasts are a result of a delivery paretnership from comcast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)