Is G10R down ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
we've had rain off and on all day in Mpls. Was watchign the Mets game before but went to watch wrestling and **poof** gone :(

I have it here in Iowa. I do need to get my extra Primestar pointed to G10 to boost the weak signals :) I compare my Primestar that is on IA5/AMC4 to my 80cm on G10/IA7 during some rain the last few days........ WOW! BIG difference in signal strength!

Here is my IA5/AMC4 setup. I need to find a smaller hose clamp, as I do not like the wood look.

Attachments

• ia5amc4.jpg
    ia5amc4.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 132
  • ia5lnb.jpg
    ia5lnb.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 126
WOW Nice setup Larry!! :eek:

Is there a spacer between the 2 LNBs?

The IA5 LNB is on the Primestar arm right?

Do you know if the LNB's need to be the same brand?

Also are you aimed directly at IA-5 or in between of IA5 and AMC4?

This is how I want to set up my other Primestar dish.

THanks for the kind words! I am using Fortec Universal .3db lnbs, and placing them side by side, with no spacer. I am pointed at IA5 (lnb on the Primestar dish) and the AMC-4 is the strapped on one. I had to remove the plastic on the "neck" of the IA5 lnb so that it would fit into the Primestar arm. The lnb "eyes" are touching each other. It was so easy to add AMC-4. All I had to do was place the lnb next to IA5's, and I looked over at the tv screen I had outside with me and WOW! 86%! Strapping together and bury the cable took longer! :) I have one more Primestar dish to do something with - I think I better hit G10. my 80cm on G10 is a little weak on 11720. The lnbs do not need to be the same brand, but on my G10/IA7 setup, I am using Sadoun KUL1's, and they are more "tube" like and were harder to mount together. I might add, removing the plastic on the fortec was real easy - I took a hack saw, and cut around the neck. Then the plastic just snapped apart, and the "body" remained intact :)

Thanks Larry,

This has helped me tremendously!!! I plan on setting my Primestar up for IA5/AMC4 in a few months when the weather cools down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)