Is Hispasat Worth Parking 1 Meter Or Leave On Amc1 (currently Parked)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Is there anything worth on Hispasat 30W moving dish there or should I leave it on AMC1 for sng news material?

I liked Hispasat when I had FTA set up due to the movies on there. They were in English with Spanish subtitles
Some cool stuff from Cuba too

Are the movies on Cubavision Int'l and only at night or weekends?
Too bad they are not in hd only 576i.
I had no problems peaking antenna there especially when watching sexysat:biggrin

If you can 'hit' each satellite without moving the dish to another location, try it {30°W} for a week. If you don't like it, move it back.
I did, a while ago, and decided to add a dish just for 30°W.
A 30 inch, .75 meter, would 'do' although you may encounter weather induced fading.

I´d say a dish parked at Hispasat is well worth it, I have one. We have mentioned how they show movies sometimes just released on theatres, US movies in original english audio, no commercial breaks. Also some other foreign movies, french, european. Also US series in original english audio. They have sports coverage, the Olympcs, now the Soccer World Cup, etc.

There's nothing of interest on Hispasat. It's all in standard definition from what I saw the last time I checked it out.

Cuban tv on HD FTA ? I dont´think so, I agree with Iceberg, there´s a bunch of good things to watch there, and it´s free. So, I´ve learned that on FTA, you might as well enjoy what you get and as long as you get it :D. Otherwise FTA may not be the right hobby for you IMO.

I think he’s just been spoiled by all the great blu-ray quality hd programming available on fta.

There is one full-time HD channel on Hispasat. Unfortunately it's a Spanish religious channel.

I believe you'll find, however, that the quality of the SD channels, such as KTV 2, that are also on 97W is better on 30W. I say "believe" because I haven't done a comparison since the last mux rearrangement on 97W, but the difference used to be obvious.

Yep, that religous HD channel is from Argentina.
I´ve also watched some shows aired on the Cuban channel Mult.... (from HD US channels) and the PQ is great.

I'm more interested in the free current movies, no commercials, varied programming than being hung up on the lack of HD!

There's nothing of interest on Hispasat. It's all in standard definition from what I saw the last time I checked it out.

Does all FTA have to be in HD?. To me just finding a feed that is not on your run of the mill broadcast or DBS provider is the fun part of the hobby. You get to see things the average Joe cannot which is what makes FTA so unique!.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Man, who knew one opinion would spark so much butthurt. LOL

I'm more interested in the free current movies, no commercials, varied programming than being hung up on the lack of HD!

That's what the Internet is for.

I think he’s just been spoiled by all the great blu-ray quality hd programming available on fta.

Pretty much this. I don't speak Spanish and airings of American movies on a standard definition TV channel that are available in high definition via Blu-ray and/or the Internet are useless to me. Seems rather pointless to go to all that effort to watch an inferior version of a film via satellite when we've all got Internet connections that can secure a nice clean HD copy.

I didn't see much of interest on that bird for non-Spanish speakers.

Actually Hispasat has a significant number of Arabic channels also for that group of non- Spanish speakers. But you would only know that if you are reallly into FTA. And you´re one who likes to blind scan continually to see what else is up there, sometimes watching channels even though you don´t speak the language just to increase a little bit more of your insight into other events, cultures, etc. in other parts of the globe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts