Is it 1000.4 or 1000.4

lburgkym

Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Tennessee
Is it 1000.4 or 1000.2

After having reception trouble, I decided to replace my 500 for a hd dish. Found a deal on a turbohd with pole and bought it. Now while researching how to connect, I don't know what I have. It is 27 1/2 x 21 1/2 and the lnb has two eyes close and one about four inches apart. Pitchers on ebay that looks like this are 1000.4. In middle southern Tennessee I think I need 110, 119, 129 so do I need 1000.2 with equal spaced eyes? Do I have it right so far. I was trying to avoid a contract and a stranger coming in with an install. I installed the 500 myself ten years ago but it seems a lot has changed. Also with the new dish are any switches need or to connect to my receivers. I have the 510D receivers.
I also read about the dish must be 10 ft from power lines. Is this a deal breaker on a factory install? Because the power comes from road to back of house to a pole then to the house on the south side. 10 ft away will be hard to do if not impossible.
I am trying to decide if to buy equipment, ordering update from Dish, or switch to Direct. Any advice?
This is my first post so thank you to all who share your knowledge and please forgive my if these questions are to basic for the experienced.

Last edited:
1. You need ViP mpeg4 receivers for the eastern arc use of a 1000.4 for 61.5/72.7/77. If you have any nonViP receivers, you'll have to be on the western arc 110/119/129.
2. No external switches are normally required as the built-in switch provides for up to 4 orbital positions and up to 3 dual tuner DishPro receivers.
3. If you purchase and install your own antenna, E* will not lease you receivers without insisting on the install tech fee. You would have to purchase receivers to be able to avoid an E* install. For the install fee, they also provide and install the antenna needed. Since they charge the same whether you lease or own receivers past the first, there is no advantage to owning except to avoid extending a commitment. I'd opt to lease from E* and have them do the install. You'll tie about as much up buying the antenna and installing yourself if you include what your time is worth.
4. What DMA are you in. Zip code will work as well. That will allow someone to tell you whether you would need a WA 1000.2 or an EA 1000.4.
5. I don't think the powerlines are that big a deal unless they are very high voltage.
6. Be aware that E* does not have Disney, Disney XD, ABC Family, and one other in HD as Disney has pulled them. We don;t expect to see them back any time soon due to a lawsuit.
7. Turbo is usually a 1000.4

1000.2 http://www.google.com/images?q=pict...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQsAQwAA
1000.4 Amazon.com: Dish Network 1000.4 Eastern Arc High Definition Dish: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DPxeGkQXL.@@AMEPARAM@@31DPxeGkQXL

Again the pictures look like I have 1000.4
My zip is 38464 and I am in the Nashville DMA.
Could I buy a 1000.2 lnb and usw with this dish?
Will this dish pick up 110 & 119 better than a standard 500 if I didn't add HD?
Thanks!!

The Nashville DMA is classified as an eastern arc DMA but the HD locals are on both arcs. Thus you can go either way, a 1000.2 for 110/119/129 or a 1000.4 for 61.5/72.7/77. Again, you need ViP model receivers to use the eastern arc. You would normally get a 1000.4 install if you were a new customer and had good line of sight. If you are going to comtinue to use older receivers, you'll have to stay on the western arc.

As boba said, you cannot interchange the LNBs and antennas. The 1000.4 antenna is a bit different from the 1000.2 and the 1000.4 is keyed for its LNB assembly.

The key here is what arc Dish is going to keep as the default. If the locals are on both arcs you could go with either one but if Dish decides to make them all one arc you need to have the correct one to start with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts