Is it customary to tip the installer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nwflyboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
I'm having new service installed today (in about 30 minutes, I think). I expect that our installation will probably be typical, and not particularly difficult: 3 TVs, all of which currently have existing coax cable. Nothing particularly tricky or unusual about our roof. If he can reuse the existing coax cable, it should be fairly quick, I think.

Just wondering - is a tip expected/customary?

Thanks.

If the installer does a good job, cleans up after, Does a good job doing customer education and is cheerful then sure why not. At this time if the year installers are happy to get a tip. But it is not required or expected.

What he said. Even $20 and a free can of pop is more than most people give, so is very appreciated. But it's like restaurant tipping, give it if they warrant it by doing what YOU think is a good (or GREAT) job!

Well I think he did a pretty good job overall. I wasn't crazy about the way he ran the cable on the exterior of the house, but I guess I can live with that. He completed the inside setup nicely, was patient and explained a lot, seemed like a decent guy. I offered him some refreshments but he declined, he did accept a Twenty at the end, thanked me and told me to call his number at the local place if I ever needed help.

A satisfied customer so far, after a few hours.

The techs that did our initial HD upgrade were rather rude, threw trash all over the yard, took my LNB off of my old dish (which I owned), and tried to take my old SD DVR (which I also owned). They said another tech would be out the next week to cement in the pole mount, bury the cable, etc. After two weeks went by with no word from that outfit, I called them. Two days later, a contracted installer came out, did a great job of putting in the pole mount, buried the cable and aiming the dish. He cleaned up everything and made sure I was happy before he left. Guess which one got a $20 tip?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts