Is it easy to blow LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

covcomm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
I decided I wanted to move my Dish from a roof mount to a pole attached to the eve of the garage. Could not get it aimed, I moved it back to the roof mount and lined up the marks, I marked azm and elev with a sharpy. No go.

Ideas? Any dealers in houston where I can get another LNB?

TIA!!!

What makes you think it's the lnb? Sounds more like a L O S (line of sight) problem. You moved it, now you need to get it back where it was? I say this because it's very very rare for the lnb to go bad, although it can happen.
On another note, it could be a good idea to have a backup lnb...?

Thx... I moved it back to the roof mount pole where it was. LOS is clear. I just wanted to make sure I was not fighting a bad LNB. The coax I was using to align it at the new position had a connection issue. It was intermittant. I was worried the make/break that happened two times wacked the LNB. I will go back out in the morning and make sure it is all lined back up.

Was the receiver powered off while disconnecting the cables? Also, I would carefully inspect the cable ends if all was well before and alignment is back where it was.

Yes the receiver was off when disconnecting. I have seen many warnings about that on here so I was worried that perhaps the connection problem I had with my jumper caused some damage. I have a coolsat 5000 and the signal strength dropped way off a couple of times as I was attempting to aim. I am going back out there in a few minutes....

I'm with AMC1 on this one, I have also toasted (only) 1 LNB because I accidentally left reciver ON with a 22khz/DiseqC switch in the mix. Luckily I had another one to test with so I could verify it was gone - got a replacement and that is what did it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)