Is It Legal?

Lj009

Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hi Guys and Gals
This has proberly discussed a bunch of times but I can't seem to find anything on it. Can you legally record 60's and 70's off the computer and if so How would I do it? I have a Sirius subscription and have streaming audio on the computer can it be captured?
Thanks Jack

Attachments

• 6441.jpg
    6441.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 144
Or if you have a E* sub you can record the higher quality 192kbps streams via an optical cable from the receiver to an optical in on a PC.

There is a great Yahoo gadget that streams your subscription. Then I use a record now for sirius program to record it. Then I burn it to my Creative ZEn. very easy.

LOL
I have been using Totalrecorder Pro for years and love it. a real DRM buster for sure....:up ;)

but seriously totalrecorder pro is the best program out there right now. You can record any type of audio (and now Video) content on your computer. yes it is a bit clumsy at times, just because of editing process. that brings up something else. Totalrecorder has a very fast loading audio editor. if you have ever used any of the other mp3 editors (Audacity or Cool Edit Pro) you have noticed it takes what seems forever for the mp3 to load. this is because the mp3 is being recoded to wav format for editing. with Totalrecorder the editing is done in its compress format either in wav, mp3 ogg or wma. and if you record any online or satellite radio streams these files are huge in size compared to a single mp3 file. Totalrecorder handles these files with ease and edits them with ease. with totalrecorder you can select you level of recording, I use 128kb for online and satellite recording. and you will find all kinds of tricks when you play around with the recordings. like how to make individual mp3 recordings of your favorite songs in near perfect quality:eureka :hungry:

You can use Total Recorder Pro. It works with steaming, but after a few weeks I decided to just buy the cable and connect a Sirius radio directly to my PC/sound card's line-in and get much better results by far. I have used this setup for well over two years without fail. TR Pro also has a built-in timer/schd function

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...&cs_id=1021802&p_id=644&seq=1&format=2&style=

Thanks a million guys I'm sure I'll get one of these to work for me. I have "E" just have to find a audio imput on my Dell Demension. Would that be the mic imput

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)