Is it necessary to use dc blocks when feeding two recievers off of one dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm only thinking 3 diseqc switches for the 3 DVB recievers (the Drake wouldn't use one)

but always handy to have an extra diseqc around

so this project would be
-two 4x4 multisiwtches
-three 4 way diseqc
-two 4 way high frequency splitters 9if you want all DVB's to get the big C-Band dish)

Cool, i already have the splitters and diseqc switchs, now just to grab the 4x4's. This is gonna be a real fun project to work on, cant wait till its all done. With this setup we should be able to get just about every thing we want on all the recievers, and eliminate the motoring around for most of our channels (well except for the stuff we sub to via VC2 on the big dish). Way, way cool :D

other than the C-Band stuff that is controlled with the Drake, the rest can be selected really simple and no issues involved :)

Hope you have enough cable :D

Iceberg said:
Hope you have enough cable :D
Oh yea, belkin loves me. Luckily I can use most of my existing cable runs for this setup, but will need some more cable for hooking up the 6'er. For that I am going to grab some dual rg6, that will make my dual LNB on one c band dish project much easier ;-)

yep. Dual cable works really good. I have some redoing to do too with my setup and just doing that drawing is giving me some ideas :)

Now i just need to source some more f connectors and the 4x4 switches. Anyone got a good source for switches and f connectors ? I found the switches on fleecebay, but i really dont want to buy them there.

drhydro said:
that would allow me to go ahead and put a second feedhorn on the 6' dish and try to get two sats with one c band dish

doc
I tried it last night a little bit. I have the dish fixed at G4 so I tried to see if I could get G11. I was able to pull in Jewelry TV on TP10 analog with minimal sparklies after I took off the scaler ring (I was using the 25K LNB and hooked it to my Toshiba for polorotor). At the time I couldn't get any digital...Stopped because it was too windy :(

hmmmmmm well that gives me hope :-D That is a pretty old LNB that you used, maybe a lower temp/ higher quality (new) LNB will work better. Since you were able to pull in analog with minimal sparklies, then I bet playing with focal distance, skew etc will allow us to pull in some digital stuff. The real fun part is going to be figuring optimal focal distance for the offset LNB.

We might have to settle for sats that are farther apart also, just so we can still use the scalar ring on both feedhorns to minimize sidelobe interference.

Last night when I re-checked my site survey for where I was going to mount the 6'er, I found that it cannot go there (new tree growth), so I have to find another spot to put it at. Dangit. I am going to have to grab a big ladder and try this on my 10'er, that ought to be fun as the feedhorn at its lowest point (far west limit) is about 11' off the ground.

hmmmmmm well that gives me hope :-D That is a pretty old LNB that you used, maybe a lower temp/ higher quality (new) LNB will work better. Since you were able to pull in analog with minimal sparklies, then I bet playing with focal distance, skew etc will allow us to pull in some digital stuff. The real fun part is going to be figuring optimal focal distance for the offset LNB.

We might have to settle for sats that are farther apart also, just so we can still use the scalar ring on both feedhorns to minimize sidelobe interference.
true. Of course, it was cold out...(45F or so with 20+ mph winds) so I made it quick :)

I tried to get AMC3 TP20 for Doc Scott but couldn't get it in the short time I was out there

DocHydro

Had another idea (this one I'm going to try).
I assume the 18" dish for 91 is just for audio, right? Well most of the stations are on V polarity (or R in circular terms) so you could combine the AMC3 feed (PBS) and Nimiq 1 into one multiswitch (3x4). Only stations on H are
-680 News
-Country 105
-4 Montreal stations (all French)

Then all you would need is one 4x4 switch....you already have a 3x4 switch (2 of them) ;)

Thats a great idea Iceberg, and will save me a few $. I was thinking of loosing the 91 dish entirely as I really dont use it much, but it is nice to have just so I can see what pops up ITC.

Pretty miserable weather here today, so no outdoors fta projects. Instead I'll be downstairs straightening out my cable runs and getting everything ready for the new switches, including making all the short connecting cables.

Yeah sucky weather here today too (suppose to rain all day)

I figured with mine, have
C-band H on 18v
G10 V on 13v
Nimiq1 on 13v+22K
PBS on 18v+22k

I looked and DIsh uses both polarities for their radio so that wouldn't work. ExpressVu keeps most on V :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)