Is it possible to get 2 722's on a lease for new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

casper809

Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
A friend of mine who is a Direct TV customer wants to switch to Dish but wants to end up with (2) 722 receivers for his 4 televisions. So far he has been unable to find any kind of deal where he ends up with that configuration without having to shell out a bunch of cash in order to get the second 722. Anyone know if there is a promotion that would fit his needs?

Generally he will not get two 722s free. I suspect $200 is about what they'll ask for. He might be able to bargain for a 722 and a 622 and then get lucky and get a 722 installed due to a lack of 622s. They'll still likely want some cash. he could keep calling and trying to get a different CSR who might give him a better deal.

I know someone who signed up for the new pacakage of 24.99 and got the 722 and the lesser unit but was told he could upgrade to anther 722 if he added an additional hd tv. the cost was going to be around ten for the upgrade.

The best install I have seen for 'free' was a 722k and a 222k. I wouldn't expect an upgrade from a 222k to a 722k would be more then $50-100.

One used to be able to get 2 HD DVR's leased, but that was when Dish was covering 4 TV's. Now, Dish only covers 3 TV's. So, that means an HD dual tuner and an HD single tuner. Bummer. Yes, you could pay the upgrade to get the 2nd HD dual tuner, but it should be relatively nominal, not the full MSRP. If he really wants it, he should go ahead and pay the upgrade because it covers all costs of the installation as well. Yes, he can get an HD dual tuner on Ebay for peanuts (relatively speaking), but Dish is going to charge to install that equipment that is not covered in the original order for equipment and parts and labor that they are "giving" you, if you go this route of buying your own box to add you may have to pay for additional equipment to make it happen, and that can be very expensive. The installers will have a work-order, and you want anything beyond that work order of "freebies", it is yours to pay, if the installer has the time to mess with it. You could arrange for Dish to add to the work-order the installation of an additional box that you will pay for when they create the order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)