Is it possible to have 5 sats coming in DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
4 sat combos:

110, 119, 129, 118.

61, 72, 77, 118 (77 probably not needed).

Where are your locals? Do you have LoS issues?

LIL 61.5 issues w/72.7, have 110, 119,& 129 for the usual stuff. Want to get Euronews but that is only on 118.7. So that is why 5 sats. I worked on it this afternoon but could get it to work correctly. I think I have a piece of equipment that is faulty. Will have to play again maybe tomorrow.

Clear as mud! So, let's suppose I have 3 duo DVRs, 1 DPP44, and an unlimited number of DP21s. How many duo receivers can I hook up such that they all see 5 sats? All 3? Only 1?

With 1 DPP44, 4 DP21s and 2 splitters you should be able to get 2 dual tuner boxes hooked up to 5 satellites.

Note that the DPP44 has outputs to attach another DPP44 switch.

Well I've found that the unit will not let you inject the 5th sat into just one side. It comes back w/ a reception error. So will have to order another DP-21 and split the output of 118.7 LNB into both of those before I can go any further. I tried every way possible that I could think of but that is where I was stuck every time.

Well I've found that the unit will not let you inject the 5th sat into just one side. It comes back w/ a reception error. So will have to order another DP-21 and split the output of 118.7 LNB into both of those before I can go any further. I tried every way possible that I could think of but that is where I was stuck every time.

You will need a special splitter, not just any old splitter. See this post :-

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...ve-5-sats-coming-in-DVR?p=3270815#post3270815

It looks like the Holland HFS-2 (definitely NOT 2P, preferably not 2D, etc.) would be the best alternative to the older splitter pictured in my previous post. Looks like you could also use an HFS-4 as a four-way splitter if you need more feeds. Preferable to use a DP dual when possible and add two two-way splitters.

EDIT: I just realized, you can use a (compliant) splitter BEFORE DPP switches with no problem. Say you have a 1000.2WA and two DPP33s, you can use a (compliant) splitter on each of the three sat feeds between the dish and the switches to hook up both DPP33s.

The only issues I could see with the splitters is when used with diplexors it can cause dB loss (weaker TV2 signals.) Also there is a dB loss on the satellite feeds, which may or may not be negligible.

Last edited:
It looks like the Holland HFS-2 (definitely NOT 2P, preferably not 2D, etc.) would be the best alternative to the older splitter pictured in my previous post. Looks like you could also use an HFS-4 as a four-way splitter if you need more feeds. Preferable to use a DP dual when possible and add two two-way splitters.

EDIT: I just realized, you can use a (compliant) splitter BEFORE DPP switches with no problem. Say you have a 1000.2WA and two DPP33s, you can use a (compliant) splitter on each of the three sat feeds between the dish and the switches to hook up both DPP33s.

The only issues I could see with the splitters is when used with diplexors it can cause dB loss (weaker TV2 signals.) Also there is a dB loss on the satellite feeds, which may or may not be negligible.
Had a one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-2-2...409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e259cd09 and it didn't work but maybe it is the diplexors that I'm using that caused that problem. It would only show it on one side, the other side showed the reception error. That is why I was thinking it is necessary to have another DP-21. So you are saying that a this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-WAY-COAX-...pt=US_Splitters_Combiners&hash=item19dffbd621 will work?

Do you only have one DP21 at the moment? If so, then you'll need another.

So you have a single 722k that you want 5 sats on? If so, here's how I would do it :-

1.) Run three feeds from your 1k.2 and 1 feed from your 118 to your DPP44 (119 port 1, 110 port 2, 129 port 3, 118 port 4.)

2.) Depending on the 61.5 LNB (which should be either a DP Single or a DP Dual) you will need to do one of two things: Either two feeds from the DP Dual ports, or a single feed w/splitter from the DP Single.

3.) Run 2 feeds from the bottom receiver ports 2 and 3 on your DPP44 (don't forget your power inserter on port 1) to two DP21s, both on the TO DISH 1 input.

4.) Take your two feeds from the 61.5, hook them to the TO DISH 2 input of both DP21s.

5.) Run feeds from the TO RECEIVER ports of each DP21 to the SAT1/SAT2 ports of the 722k.

6.) Run a check switch. Should be successful.

Oh, and yes, the HFS-2 should work fine for splitting your 61.5.

Do you only have one DP21 at the moment? If so, then you'll need another.

So you have a single 722k that you want 5 sats on? If so, here's how I would do it :-

1.) Run three feeds from your 1k.2 and 1 feed from your 118 to your DPP44 (119 port 1, 110 port 2, 129 port 3, 118 port 4.)

2.) Depending on the 61.5 LNB (which should be either a DP Single or a DP Dual) you will need to do one of two things: Either two feeds from the DP Dual ports, or a single feed w/splitter from the DP Single.

3.) Run 2 feeds from the bottom receiver ports 2 and 3 on your DPP44 (don't forget your power inserter on port 1) to two DP21s, both on the TO DISH 1 input.

4.) Take your two feeds from the 61.5, hook them to the TO DISH 2 input of both DP21s.

5.) Run feeds from the TO RECEIVER ports of each DP21 to the SAT1/SAT2 ports of the 722k.

Oh, and yes, the HFS-2 should work fine for splitting your 61.5.

I understand what you are saying, but that is nothing like the system I have. I have a system that is custom built by me. I have 4 dishes that are .9M 61.5, .7M for 110, .9M for 119 (now w/ the 118.7 2 sat. FSS LNB) and .9M on 129. For my system it will be best for me to have the 118.7 split and go into 2 DP-21's. Then those 2 outputs go to the DVR inputs. Here are pictures of my system previous to clamping the 118.7 FSS/119 DBS combo LNB in place on the .9M dish. Tomorrow I will take pictures of the present set up.

I understand what you are saying, but that is nothing like the system I have. I have a system that is custom built by me. I have 4 dishes that are .9M 61.5, .7M for 110, .9M for 119 (now w/ the 118.7 2 sat. FSS LNB) and .9M on 129. For my system it will be best for me to have the 118.7 split and go into 2 DP-21's. Then those 2 outputs go to the DVR inputs. Here are pictures of my system previous to clamping the 118.7 FSS/119 DBS combo LNB in place on the .9M dish. Tomorrow I will take pictures of the present set up.

Okay. Is the 118 LNB the older DP or the newer DPP one? Splitter should work fine for the DP, I think it would work with the DPP as well if you use the correct port.

Dish Pro/Dish Pro Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can't find a Pro Plus for the 118.7/119 only LNBF. The Pro Plus has that plus one additional one for 110 sat. They are all molded into one housing. As I posted earlier I use 4 different dishes, so I only use a single LNB per dish.

Here is the dish set up I have. I have included a couple pictures I just took. I put the 2nd DP-21 in today, but still having error issues. I either have a bad diplexer, wire, or will need the HFS-2. It may be that the 4 way LNB split is the problem and I will need to order the HFS-2. 4 Dish setup w. 118.7-119 LNB 001.JPG4 Dish setup w. 118.7-119 LNB 002.JPG

Can't find a Pro Plus for the 118.7/119 only LNBF. The Pro Plus has that plus one additional one for 110 sat. They are all molded into one housing. As I posted earlier I use 4 different dishes, so I only use a single LNB per dish.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Here is the dish set up I have. I have included a couple pictures I just took. I put the 2nd DP-21 in today, but still having error issues. I either have a bad diplexer, wire, or will need the HFS-2. It may be that the 4 way LNB split is the problem and I will need to order the HFS-2.View attachment 91604View attachment 91605

Where is that left cable of the left DP21 coming from? Hard to tell from the pic. Also, don't see any connection from the left DP21's receiver output to anything?

Maybe this will help :-

1.) Run a feed from each of your 110/129/61.5 dishes to your DPP44 inputs (110 port 2, 129 port 3, 61.5 port 4.)

2.) Run a feed from port 2D (left port when looking at the front of the dish) of the 118.7/119 LNB to port 1 of the DPP44.

4.) Run a feed from the 1F port of the 118 LNB to the splitter IN (you could try the splitter you already have, however I believe that the HFS-2 would be better suited.)

5.) Run a feed from two OUT ports of the splitter to the TO DISH 2 ports of each DP21.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts