Is it possible to have 5 sats coming in DVR?

I ran it the opposite when I did it many years ago. 4 satellites into the DPP44, one satellite into the DP21 the other input of the DP21 was the DPP44 output. The output of the DP21 went to the receiver.

I ran it the opposite when I did it many years ago. 4 satellites into the DPP44, one satellite into the DP21 the other input of the DP21 was the DPP44 output. The output of the DP21 went to the receiver.

Yah that's what he should do, 119 in port 1, 110 in port 2, 129 in port 3, 61.5 in port 4 of the DPP44, then the 118.7 feed is split into two feeds, DPP44 ports 2 and 3 to sat 1 of each DP21, 118.7 in each sat 2, receiver outs of the DP21 go to sat 1 and sat 2 of the 722k.

It's still not working. So I'm going to run an entirely new line and not use diplexors. Will reduce the number of possible issues. I have never had really good luck w/ using diplexors ever. So I will have an entirely different lines for both inputs on the DVR and another line separate line for OTA. I've ordered an HFS-2 to put in place of splitter I have now. Even if thing work out tomorrow I won't have any open ports that could have water get in them.

So you think one of the lines between the DP21s and the 722k is the problem?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
I thought it might be. So I ran a new line yesterday. Today I hooked it up and I could see all 5 sats on line one. On line 2 it showed up w/ 5 slots but not showing all all 5 sats. So the LNB splitter is still an issue. Have an HFS-2 on the way and should be here sometime early next week.

I thought it might be. So I ran a new line yesterday. Today I hooked it up and I could see all 5 sats on line one. On line 2 it showed up w/ 5 slots but not showing all all 5 sats. So the LNB splitter is still an issue. Have an HFS-2 on the way and should be here sometime early next week.

Showed all 5 sats on the meter or on the receiver? I'm just still wondering if the check switch will put 5 orbital slots on there. Just remember that both sides have to be the same or you can't exit check switch.

For the test you could run it into the DPP44 and use a LNB with 2 outputs for the DP21 input.

Talked about that earlier in the thread, OP didn't want to do that.

EDIT: Though I was talking about a 1000.2, OP can just switch out the 61.5 LNB on the DPP44 input with the 118.7, then as you said use the two outputs from a DP dual on the 61.5 to the inputs of the two DP21s.

Last edited:
Showed all 5 sats on the meter or on the receiver? I'm just still wondering if the check switch will put 5 orbital slots on there. Just remember that both sides have to be the same or you can't exit check switch.

The ViP receivers can receive 5 orbital slots.

It looks like the Holland HFS-2 (definitely NOT 2P, preferably not 2D, etc.) would be the best alternative to the older splitter pictured in my previous post. Looks like you could also use an HFS-4 as a four-way splitter if you need more feeds. Preferable to use a DP dual when possible and add two two-way splitters.

EDIT: I just realized, you can use a (compliant) splitter BEFORE DPP switches with no problem. Say you have a 1000.2WA and two DPP33s, you can use a (compliant) splitter on each of the three sat feeds between the dish and the switches to hook up both DPP33s.

The only issues I could see with the splitters is when used with diplexors it can cause dB loss (weaker TV2 signals.) Also there is a dB loss on the satellite feeds, which may or may not be negligible.
Why not the D? That is what I received today, even though it isn't what was displayed in the picture, when I ordered. It is working though. Have 118.7 now and now can watch Euronews.

Last edited:
Why not the D? That is what I received today, even though it isn't what was displayed in the picture, when I ordered. It is working though. Have 118.7 now and now can watch Euronews.

Well, the D passes DC power from both ports to the LNB. The other one passes power thru only one port. I don't guess it's a big deal, but the Dish-branded splitters/separators only pass power thru one port. I hate it when sellers send you something different than pictured/advertised. Personally I'd contact them and ask that they send the right one, but that's your call.

Glad to see that you're up and running!

Well, the D passes DC power from both ports to the LNB. The other one passes power thru only one port. I don't guess it's a big deal, but the Dish-branded splitters/separators only pass power thru one port. I hate it when sellers send you something different than pictured/advertised. Personally I'd contact them and ask that they send the right one, but that's your call.

Glad to see that you're up and running!

That can actually be a GOOD thing. It also could be the reason it's working now and wasn't before.

That can actually be a GOOD thing. It also could be the reason it's working now and wasn't before.

Maybe, but I do wonder why Dish's official gear only passes power on one port if it's better to use both. OP's other splitter also passed power on both ports, so not sure if that's the real reason it works now and didn't then.

Looking at the schematic printed on the outside of the HFS-2D it has a cap and a diode in line on each port going into it. So it will not pass DC above a certain voltage level. I will just stay with the one I have now as it is working OK. I'm now getting Euronews even though I really, really wish I was getting the BBC in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts