Is it possible to hookup a tivo to a 811?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
Im desparate for a PVR since I had one on my 501 before my 811. Kids and wife are used to it. Is there any way to hookup an outside PVR like tivo to the 811? Any other options other than buying the 921 or hooking up a separate reciever? Thanks

The 811 and the TIVO work well together I've had mine about a month without any problems. Of course it only records SD not HD. The 811 down converts the HD signal with the S-video out but the picture still looks good.

smitzinok said:
The 811 and the TIVO work well together I've had mine about a month without any problems. Of course it only records SD not HD. The 811 down converts the HD signal with the S-video out but the picture still looks good.

Also, dont' you have to pay Tivo's fee in order to get it going?

FSilva :confused:

Looking for tips on how to connect my new Tivo to my set up. All components run to my 6.1 reciever, then one S-video to the TV. Do I connect the 811 to the Tivo, then the Tivo to the receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts