Is it possible to sell your old Direct sytem and equip?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrudicel

Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
North Vernon, IN
I just changed to Dish, and still have my dish, mount, a Hughes receiver, a couple D10-100 receivers, and 1 or 2 D10-200 receivers. All just got unhooked. Is it worth anything to try and sell this stuff or just junk it in the trash? Dont want it all sitting around... wasnt in a committment anymore, so I assume its all mine now? Thanks.

As long as it was not leased equip, you can do whatever you want with it.
But, the new owners will either need to use an existing card in these receivers, or will have to order new cards from D*. Some folks here claim D* will activate used cards on new accounts, but I've never tried it - I normally do one of the two things above to put used equip on an account.

jrudicel said:
I just changed to Dish, and still have my dish, mount, a Hughes receiver, a couple D10-100 receivers, and 1 or 2 D10-200 receivers. All just got unhooked. Is it worth anything to try and sell this stuff or just junk it in the trash? Dont want it all sitting around... wasnt in a committment anymore, so I assume its all mine now? Thanks.

They would be good for museum pieces, but I doubt that anyone would buy what they can get for FREE... Of course, if you are an Electronics guy, you might clip some of the components out of the box, and then use the shell for storage...

jrudicel said:

If you become a supporting pub member, you can post a for sale ad in the classified forum :)

If you are not a new subscriber though then it would be better to buy a cheap used receiver than have to pay retail for a new one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts