Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I have E* and I'm bummed about the MLB EI deal. I don't want to switch to D* because of my 18 month committment. So I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get the games from my PC over to my TV? Has anyone done this? How? What is the picture quality like? I have a Sony WEGA tube TV.

If your computer has composite or SVGA output ports you can watch MLB.tv or any other webcast on your home TV if so equipped. If it doesn't, you may find upgrade cards through your local computer store.

BTW: SVGA ports are found on TV sets, mostly larger size models. VGA ports are usually found on monitors only.

What connections do you have? There are cables going from VGA to component and even composite. Also some laptops and a few desktops have S Video out. In any event we need to know what outputs the computer has and what inputs the TV has.

My PC has only a VGA monitor out. TV has s-video, composite and component input.

I have done this but it requires to treat the PC as an HTPC. First you could use composite, s-video or any other connection but it will never get better resolution by matching the native resolution of your HDTV either through DVI or VGA. The problem with the Sony Wegas that do not have a VGA port is that they are pain to match the 768p resolution. It is doable but not a plug and play deal.

The other problem is that MBLTV.com may not be that great to watch on this type of setup anyway. I did it one time and the bandwith that they give you is just looks awful and compressed on a big screen. It is not going to look like DVD quality at all. Another problem is dealing with the buffer problems from time to time. In a nutshell, I would not do it and just watch it on a pc.

Bringing an old thread up from the dead here, Now that MLB.TV streams "HD" feeds I would guess the picture would look better on a TV now. I know the Roku player will play MLB.TV. Are there any other devices I might want to look into before deciding to purchase the roku player. I want something that plays MLB.TV for sure.

Bringing an old thread up from the dead here, Now that MLB.TV streams "HD" feeds I would guess the picture would look better on a TV now. I know the Roku player will play MLB.TV. Are there any other devices I might want to look into before deciding to purchase the roku player. I want something that plays MLB.TV for sure.
PS3 or XBox???

I don't have either one of these. My wife has a Wii, and I know it is supposed to have netflix sometime soon, but I really need something that plays MLB.TV. So far my cheapest option is the Ruku player, I am not willing to buy a XBox or PS3 just for internet viewing. Is there any other boxes comparable to the ruku player that are more capable?

I think the Roku box is the only internet appliance (not counting PC or laptops) that can stream MLB.TV to a TV.

I went the Roku route and love it! Definitely more reliable than my PC's screwy TV out port that sometimes worked and other times didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)