Is it possible

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I have two receivers. A 625 (downstairs), and a 322 I think it is, (upstairs). Last week my 625 kept on dropping in and out with a signal loss. Sunday during the Dover race, it lost it, and it never came back. Other than the LNB drift message when I do sysytem info all had been good till then. Called Dish and we ran through all the normal crap. Instead of green boxes in my sats showed a red back ground, with a white X. CSR said the LNB drift finally go so bad, I now have no signal. All this is happening on the 635 only. The upstairs receiver is good to go. I don't know anything about that stuff, so I said ok, lets get it fixed. Tech shows up on Thursday, checks a few things, then gets another LNB, (USED ONE)installs it, and all is good. My wife turned on the system this morning, WTF, same thing as last week. Upstairs box works fine. Called Dish and someone will be there in the morning. My question is, is it possible for the 625 to be the problem? Could it be a voltage issue from the 625 to the switch? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Exercise all your connections from the dish to the receiver, possible corrosion on contacts.

It's fixed. There were two problems. Problem #1 one was still there from the first time. Problem #2, the tech. that came out last week just stuck the coax on the connecter at the LNB. That's why when I checked it with the other receiver, I had the same problem. The Tech that came out today, quickly found that. First place he looked. So back in the house we go, turn everything on, all is good. I told him sorry, I should have checked that myself, but it was dark when I got home from work last night, and didn't want to mess with it then. SPIDERS!!!! We don't get along. He says no problem, went ahead and checked the other cable connections, and said he was going to his van to get his radios to re-peak the dish while he was there. At that very moment, the signal died again. Back to the dishe we go and he started checking the voltage with this little plug looking thing that would give a tone if voltage was present. Back tracked all the way to the 625, no tone. So now I have a new receiver, and life in my house hold is back to normal, errrrr, back to the way it was before this major catastrophy. I asked him why it worked after the first guy swapped out LNBs, and he said it was on it's last leg and those things happen with electrinics sometimes. Thanks for the tips all. I appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts