is it safe to sign up voom now or should I wait until 4/1?

Arlo,
Let us know how your installation from C.F. goes. I live in the St Louis area too and am curious as to how that company's service will be. I've read the horror stories about "Installs Inc." and would hate to have some one like them do mine too...

I just called VOOM and schedule the appt on 4/13. I also asked them to put a note just in case if there is any earlier appt, call me (I can't wait). Guess I have to wait another 2 weeks before I can enjoy some HD stuff. Thanks again for all your advices. You guys are awesome!! :)

Smallghost... Vicki is our honorary "Princess of HD." Honorary?...hell no... she is the real thing. She tells it like it is and will tell you off if you just become another VOOM troll. Many of us have learned to not only respect her but love her input.

Smallghost:

You will very likely love VOOM.

Good grief, you're only risking one freaking dollar, for Godssake!

I've had mine since Mid-November and can't image my home entertainment system without VOOM. I have Dish, VOOM and Charter right now. Dish will go bye-bye after my DVR commitment is up in May. Charter is in my house just for thei HD-DVR, which is only costing me $7/month to lease. As soon as the VOOM DVR comes, Charter will go bye-bye.

By the way, in my neighborhood, at my spot on the earth, with my equipment and 2005 Sony KDF-60XS9550 set I will state that Dish and VOOM have better average overall picture quality than Charter; on all the HD channels, VOOM is superior to Dish; on SD channels, some look better under VOOM, while others look better under Dish -- depends on the channel.

It took three appointments to get my install done as they did not have all the equipment. Once they got here, they ran a separate coax line for VOOM to my home theater room. Instant nirvana.

Another little issue: The Charter HD-DVR/Receiver unit is far slower at channel flipping than the VOOM receiver.

Enjoy your VOOM. It will knock your socks off.

Risking one dollar?

You are gaining 150 dollars in wiring and installation
probably 50 dollars in an antenna they wont uninstall if they go under,
diplexers and etc.
You actually make money on this deal if Voom folds. Hell they may not even come back for the boxes.

gutter...have you been nipping again? :D

At any rate, I'd say the coast is clear for anyone who thought 4/1 was D-Day! Good luck smallghost, and all others who have recently "taken the plunge!" Vicki :)

thanks guys....I finally find one thing I dont' like about VOOM: waiting 2 weeks for the installation is just ridiculous !!!! I want my VOOM NOWWWWWWW !!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)