Is it true that HD locals are available in Denver?

dfergie said:
Yes as of Yesterday, You will need one of E*s new MPEG4 receivers to pick them up though. Models 411, ViP211 or ViP622 Be aware that one of you stations may not be available due to Gannet withholding It from E*.

On 129? Spot beam? I gotta grab a 211 soon!!!

Yea, it's a bummer that KUSA is the missing station. This is NBC. While NBC doesn't have much original programming, they are one of the first stations to do the local news in HD (NBC was using Denver as a test market).

They even have a Hi-Def camera on the Helicopter (also only a few in the country).

It looks great!!!

The over-the-air feed in Denver is pretty weak, bug if you reasonably close to downtown (with line of site), you can try and get it with a UHF antenna.

David_Levin said:
Yea, it's a bummer that KUSA is the missing station. This is NBC. While NBC doesn't have much original programming, they are one of the first stations to do the local news in HD (NBC was using Denver as a test market).

They even have a Hi-Def camera on the Helicopter (also only a few in the country).

It looks great!!!

The over-the-air feed in Denver is pretty weak, bug if you reasonably close to downtown (with line of site), you can try and get it with a UHF antenna.
David
Minneapolis is in the same boat....NBC not on because Gannett owns them. They keep hyping on the news here that their news will be in HD soon

Watching the new in HD is nice :) I live Utah, and the local NBC has had their news in HD since before I got my HDTV(about 2 years). I have asked the other stations when they are going to do the same thing, and KUTV(CBS) keeps saying that they are going to soon, but it has been a year since they first said that :(

Thanks for the info everyone..I had to order the locals today, even though I already have the analog locals, because I have no dishes pointing to 129. I have 119, 110, and 61.5. I guess I need the 129 to see the high def locals. So I'm scheduled soon. I do wish they had NBC, it's my favorite local channel. I guess I can't get rid of the off air yet.

Let us know how it goes once you start seeing your new local HD channels. I cant waite untill Dish add mine in my area.

jayn_j said:
Has anybody had them turned on yet? Anxious for a review of quality, resolution, etc.

I've done a quick comparison of E* vs OTA. Overall the PQ is very good. If anything the E* signal is a bit softer but not really a noticeable difference. I was very pleasantly surprised.

THis is for the three we are getting. In addition DD 5.1 is also being passed through.

Got new Dish 1000 today and the locals are a bit soft, but overall, great to have. I only needed the Dish 1000 to receive my locals. The sats I have to use are 110, 119, and 129. I had to give up the CBS East coast feed because of the use of 129, instead of 61.5. My other Voom high def channels look ok, but maybe better on 61.5 than with the 129.

My install is scheduled for the 17th. I told the CSR that i have a 61.5. She said thats all i needed. SO the question is - is she right, or do I need to point the dish to 129?

If you have an RV waiver for Denver and use your new MPEG4 recevier in the RV will they let you have the Denvers stations in HD if Denver is not your local city?

Racerlogan said:
My install is scheduled for the 17th. I told the CSR that i have a 61.5. She said thats all i needed. SO the question is - is she right, or do I need to point the dish to 129?

Well, you don't seem to want to tell us where you live, but you want the Denver locals your gonna need 129 (sounds like the CSR's still don't have it right).

Now I have two questions...
I currently have 61.5/110/119/148 with a DPP44 (both East and West CBS feeds). So to get a Dish 1000 and the Denver locals I'll have to give up one of the wings....

So, which one should I give up? I was thinking to keep 148 since I like having the later feed.

Would I be much better off (signal strength wise) blowing off the Dish 1000 and using the Wing dish for 129 (it's a Dish 500 with 1 lnb installed)?

All of the Denver locals are now on 129, I'm told. They used to be split up with half on 110 and the other half on 148. Now they're all on 129. You can now get your HD and your locals on 129. I must say, that after I had the install yesterday, and looked at the picture quality of 129, I will be pointing my dish back to 61.5 for better HD and just using the OTA like I did before. It would be interesting to see what you think of the picture quality difference after your installation.

David_Levin said:
Now I have two questions...
I currently have 61.5/110/119/148 with a DPP44 (both East and West CBS feeds). So to get a Dish 1000 and the Denver locals I'll have to give up one of the wings....

So, which one should I give up? I was thinking to keep 148 since I like having the later feed.

Would I be much better off (signal strength wise) blowing off the Dish 1000 and using the Wing dish for 129 (it's a Dish 500 with 1 lnb installed)?
I went thru this yesterday and opted for keeping 148, now I'm kinda wishing I had kept the CBSHD east feed even though it is not as sharp... I installed the Dish 1000 and have the 622 on it and kept my 921 and 811 on the Dpp44 and the same four you have... now since I lost one of the wings I will probably combine the two try the 61.5 dish on 129 then take down the 1000 and use it for Rv use..

Sounds like 129 does not have the best pictue. I guess we will see when the installer shows up. I asked the CSR if I would be able to keep the CBS east coast
feed. She didn't know.

We live in Bailey which is about 8200 feet and there is no way in hell of ever getting OTA. I keep uall updated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)