Is it worth getting the sports pack???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I have a 30 day trial of the sports pack. I got it for the hd. I have yet to see any hd (except during the Baseball free trial pack). Can anyone tell me what it is like during the summer and especially in the fall with football?? Will I be able to see action in hd on any of the rsns??

Would it be smart just to drop it and watch my rsn (Sportsouth, Fox South) to watch hd in sports??

You should already get your local RSN and local network affiliates, so you get your in-market games via those program providers. With the sports pack; any out of market games will be blacked out per rule/law and you will have to purchase the league package(s) to receive those. ANy other type of original programming that each sports pack RSN has will still be open to you, so that may be a benefit; but as for league and conference games; nope.

During the college football season the sports pack is great. You get alot of games and some games that are on espn college football package, but any other time of year the sports pack is a joke.

Lots of PAC and WAC conference football is available with the sports pack, plus ESPN U.
All Pro games other than your RSN's will be blacked out.

Jimbo

It is also great for College Basketball. Being in ACC territory, we get almost all the games via ESPN/FSN/Raycom-LincolnFiniacial. But I work late into the night most nights and enjoy being able to flip to FSN-Northwest (or other western time zone RSN) and catching some late games. You still run into some blackouts, but it seems that a lot of the college sports are more "open" than the pros. So if yuo want pro sports, the specialized packages will be needed, but there is still plenty of content available at the college level...plus European soccer on Fox Soccer Channel.

Oh, and with the RSN's no longer residing on spot beams, when a game (such as FSN Sunday Night Hoops) is being broadcast on your local RSN, but not in HD, you can tune to one of the other full-time HD RSN's and catch the game without fear of blackout. Watched 3-4 Duke games this past season on FSN RockyMountain/FSN SouthWest, and one on CSN-HD. Only about 5 total Duke games all season that were not available in HD. Hoping for 100% HD coverage next season. It's been incremental over the past few years, but it is getting better. :D

I got the sports pack about two months ago, all I saw was a bunch of blackouts and some local sports news. I cancelled it and am now very happy with just my local FSN channels.

Do RSN's come with the Plus HD DVR pack? I do not see them listed on the Direct TV site for this package.

Thanks,
Jeff

The Sports pack gets you pretty good European Soccer coverage via FSC and GolTV.. and a Premier Leauge soccer came pops on the RSNs once in a while but as far as North American Pro Sports, forget it except for Arena football and CFL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts