Is my 622 dead?

KingofKaty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Katy, TX
TV1 light is green, I can hear fan/hard drive but no video, no flashing lights on front. Unplugging didn't help. Any ideas on how to wake it up?

My other 622 and 510 work fine. The 622 is leased. Will they charge me to RA? How about upgrading to a 722?

Is the TV1 light the only light that is on? No mode light (amber single/dual mode LED)? How long have you let it sit like this without unplugging or trying to reset the box? Can you access any of the menus?

BTW, you need to call dish about that LNB Drift, that should be taken care of ASAP

From memory I just have a solid amber light on TV1. I unplugged it twice for 1 minute and then for about 30. It is unplugged since 9pm last night. I know I should have called about lnb.

I would call Dish and have them replace the 622. If your hear a big VIRR like sound it is your hard drive which is dead. It happen to me and I got the unit replaced. I was not charged by dish for the remanufactured unit---it was leased.

Not sure how you've got your 622 hooked up, but have you checked the other video connections for a picture?

The reason I ask is mine was hooked up through HDMI when I first got it and it stopped working and I had no picture whatsoever. I then ordered a replacement unit and I had a picture up until the new 622 updated it's software during the setup process, and then it was out again.

I finally ended up giving up and just using the components :rolleyes:

Not sure how you've got your 622 hooked up, but have you checked the other video connections for a picture?

The reason I ask is mine was hooked up through HDMI when I first got it and it stopped working and I had no picture whatsoever. I then ordered a replacement unit and I had a picture up until the new 622 updated it's software during the setup process, and then it was out again.

I finally ended up giving up and just using the components :rolleyes:

I am using the TV1 HDMI output for the main TV and the TV1 components are hooked to a SlingBox. Neither set of outputs has a signal. I haven't tried TV2. But none of buttons on the front appear to work, so I can't put it into dual mode. I'm guessing it is dead.

Try leaving it plugged in and turned on for several minutes (patience is the key here). It's possible that the file system on your hard drive has become corrupted and the receiver is performing a fsck procedure (Linux equivalent of a Windows Error Check) Depending on what is wrong (and how many times you interrupted it) this can take quite some time, and unfortunately the dish software gives no indication of what it is doing while performing this action. It's also entirely possible that the 622 is just dead, but give it some time before you write it off.

OK, I've got a solid green LED light on TV1. Every 30 seconds it flashes off for 1 second then comes on. I can hear the hard drive running, but it doesn't sound bad. I've had it turned on for about 45 minutes. Nothing yet. I am going to leave it running for at least an hour before I call tech support.

There must be a way to bypass the hard drive start up. I would have assumed that the E* software was NOT on the hard drive itself.

Dish installer came out this morning to replace my LNB. He swapped out the old Dish 1000 and DPP44 switch with a new Dish 1000.2. That should fix the LNB drift problem. Dropouts and rain fade on the HD channels had gotten really bad. When I pulled up the diagnostics it said that 129 had dropped out more than 80 times in a 24 hour period. The LNB drift was running 9 to 9.5. Signal strength on the 1000.2 seems much better.

We concluded that the 622 receiver was dead. The CSR I talked to was pretty clueless. He seemed to be just reading from the script. He asked me if the 622 was plugged into a switched wall outlet. (No, I can hear the fan and hard drive and the green light is on.) He had me plug it into several wall sockets anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)