Is my new lnb bad?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ed4353

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I have had DTV for 3 years, and made the decision to get HD. I bought the oval dish with triple lnb, and built-in multiswitch. I put the new dish on the same mast as the old one, and immediately got a signal of 95 to 100 on the 101 satellite. I moved the dish side to side, and up and down, looking for the other 2 birds. No luck. Not even a trace of a signal on either. I would think I should find the other 2 near the 101 bird. So, how can I tell if I have a bad lnb? I have also eliminated everything else, and wired the dish directly to the reciever.
Any help is appreciated.
Ed.

Is the tilt set properly? That would explain your problem. If you put your zip code into the reciever, once it is set for the three LNB dish it will tell you approximatly what the settings should be.

SKEW!!!! tilt the dish!!!

it is a back assward way of doing it, try this , hit the 101 and make sure it is locked at the ird. loosen the skew (tilt) bolts and try to find the 119, as you skew it the 101 WILL get weaker , but you SHOULD find the 119 before you lose the 101. if you get the 101 and 119 you will have the 110 screaming.

Thank you for the response. I did have the tilt set according to the value suggested by the setup screen. But, I didn't try moving it while looking for the satellites. I'll have another whack at it and move the tilt.
There are 4 cable connections on the lnb. There is nothing in the documentation saying I should use specific connections, ao I chose two at random. Is this right?
Thank you.
Ed

correct, use any port on the dish for your connections.

what is your zip??

the arm (mast) has to be perfectly plumb and level

My zip code is 01474. I used 244 for azimuth, 28 for elevation, and 56 for tilt (going from memory here).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)