Is possible to catch 61.5 and 61.0 with one satellite in central america?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

enb141

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Central America
Hi guys, I was wondering if is possible to get Amazonas (61) and EchoStar 12/15 (61.5) that are pretty close one to other so instead of using two antennas what about using one antenna to get those two satellites.

Can you receive those two signals now, using two dishes?
What size dishes are required?

I'd consult some coverage maps to see how strong a signal is likely available in your area.
Off hand, I would guess that 61.5 doesn't deliver much of a signal.

But, if there is enough signal , then the Invacom QPH-031 LNBF, which will receive linear and circular signals simultaneously, would be the only choice.
It has two circular outputs and two linear outputs, each using a different Local Oscillator frequency, as required.

You could feed two receivers with a signal from each satellite, or use a 4x4 (or 4x8) multiswitch, to feed several receivers with a choice of signals.
See the Switches Simplified thread in our FAQ area for other switch ideas.

Not quite sure if there's enough signal here but assuming that the signal is present, so that means that 0.5 space is not that bad?

So in other words how far is the maximum spacing for getting two satellites with one LNB + one dish assuming that you get Quality 75 / Signal 90 and 65/75 on the other satellite on the spot beam markers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)