Is Press TV gone ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Today I wanted to watch Press TV but it wasn´t on Galaxy 19 Ku or Hispasat Ku.

I understand some months ago it was gone for a while but it returned, I know it was there a few days ago, but since I don´t watch it daily I just noticed that today is missing from both sats mentioned above.

Is it now gone for good ? :confused:

Here´s another update from Press TV:

US officials as well as the Washington-based International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (ITSO) have announced their readiness to discuss a ban on Iranian channels with Tehran.

ITSO oversees the operations of Intelsat, which is one of the Western satellite companies that have stopped the broadcast of a number of Iranian channels including Press TV.

ITSO has urged Intelsat not to ban Iranian channels like Press TV. Other channels include iFilm, which is purely an entertainment television network.

Intelsat has ordered its service providers to pull the plug on Iranian channels. However, several providers are still broadcasting the Iranian channels.

Intelsat has admitted that its decision to suspend services to Iranian channels was in line with orders from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), of the US Department of Treasury.

Iranian channels have already been banned by Eutelsat, which has acted upon the order of its Israeli-French CEO, Michel De Rosen.

The campaign against Iranian channels is considered a violation of satellite rules, under which all nations have the right to use satellites, with the audience entitled to receive information from any source they desire.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/07/01/311639/west-takes-some-iran-tv-channels-off-air/

Think they're serious now.

looks like there may be IP blocking now also
news.google.com has/had link just now:
US terror drone kills 16 people in NW Pakistan

Tehran Times - ?2 hours ago?

c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_edim_03_drone(5).jpg An airstrike carried out by US assassination drone has killed at least 16 people in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal area, which borders Afghanistan.

clicking it got:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.tehrantimes.com data:text/html,chromewebdata
TorBrowser??????

If the company pays for transponder space, the channel should stay. Period. Censorship of anything is bad. If you don't like the content, watch something else.

These are frightening times we live in right now & getting worse.

One day we'll be told what foods to eat, which beverage to drink, etc.

If the company pays for transponder space, the channel should stay. Period. Censorship of anything is bad. If you don't like the content, watch something else.

These are frightening times we live in right now & getting worse.

One day we'll be told what foods to eat, which beverage to drink, etc.

People VOTED for Change.....................;)

don't believe it would have been any different if the other guy were elected.
So far I haven't seen 'change' only a continuation of supporting too big to fail - - -
not having to admit failure. (think you should know what that was)
apply rules to the masses without having to follow those same rules - - -
that's enough for this thread.
Censorship is Censorship. it's not in anyone's best interest.
Yeah, got their website back, but wouldn't be surprised if it does disappear and vanish from Roku.

Tron said:
If you live in NYC, you already are. No big sodas!

Not to get too political, but censorship violates the First Amendment.

Exactly.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

New update from Press TV: Iranian channels taken off air under pressure from US

Iranian channels taken off air under pressure from US

The decision by the international Satellite providers to take dozens of Iranian channels off the air has been met with anger by many people around the world.

Press TV was one of the outlets hit by the ban, which also targeted channels like iFilm: an entertainment channel which only plays movies and TV shows.

and despite the official silence of the British Government on this latest attack on free speech, some lawmakers here are disappointed with the move:

The removal of the Iranian channels by providers like Intelsat has been tied to American sanctions against the Iranian government, passed by US President Obama in 2012.

Iranian officials say they are determined to resolve the issue within a legal framework and are preparing to take the case to the UN.

The International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (ITSO) is an intergovernmental organization responsible for overseeing Intelsat. 149 states are members of the ITSO, including Iran.
The ITSO have released a press statement on the banning of Iranian channels from Intelsat’s service, and have agreed to mediate between Iranian and American officials. They hope to convene a meeting on the 11th July and it is hoped that the 2 sides can come to an agreement to reverse this unprecedented action.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/0...hannels-taken-off-air-under-pressure-from-us/

Interesting indeed. I found this about the documentary (not sure if it´s the same though).

Satellite TV is illegal in Iran but it is also the nation’s secret obsession, an indulgence which has seeped into every pore of Iranian life. Satellite dishes are everywhere; illicitly crowding apartment rooftops, teetering on high-rise windowsills, even sheltering from dust storms behind remote nomadic tent villages. But ever careful to protect the populace from immoral outside influence, the Morality Police force entry into homes wielding wire cutters and sledgehammers, spoiling the fun. A wry and powerful documentary from Mohammad Rasoulof, one of Iran’s most skilled documentarians

http://www.linktv.org/programs/the_dish

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.