Is spike tv special ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

norton2002

Original poster
May 16, 2005
I have 4DTV and programming from Superstar. Am trying to receive spike tv
without any luck. I am on satellite G0 receiving tp 16 (TVland) just fine.
But tp 19 (spike tv) gets nothing. When I move to G5 tp 19 I get USAnet just
fine.
So if tp 19 works and I am on G0 what could be wrong that keeps me from getting spiketv?. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Norton

Thats odd, could be your skew is set wrong, Spike is on Vertical polarity so assuming you have lnb's try adjusting the V skew. Are you getting any channels on V if not then your servo motor maybe dead.

Galaxy 10R at 123.0°W

I notice that SpikeTV is vertical polarity, can you get CMT on transponder 17? It is also Vertical, where TV Land is horizontal. I am just trying to see if maybe your servo went out. SpikeTV is in your package, correct? Do you have trouble with any others?

Thanks for your help, guys.
I get pretty much all tp's on satellite G5 (odds and evens) and the Superstar people assure me that spiketv is in my package. They claim the problem is on my side. If polarization was an issue, would I not notice it on G5 ?
Can you think of anything else I can look at ?
Thanks,
Norton

Hey Charper1,
My sheet does not show anything on tp17 on G0 (Galaxy 10R at 123.0°W).
Are you sure about CMT there and is it in the clear ?
Norton

Does your VCII+ light come on when on SpikeTv? if so Super Star (Dish Network) needs to hit you again, if you get both polaritys I'm not really sure what the problem can be...

Hey tdti1,
I did not know about the VCII+ light. Where do I find it ?
Does it come on when the receiver tries to decode the signal ?
That may clinch it. Thanks in advance.
Norton

Well on all the boxes I have used there is a light, that will go on when you are getting the signal when on a VCII channel, if you are or are not subscribed, if the light is not going on it must be a bad skew setting or so, you should get a picture if you have a sub if not it should say that you need one, or it will be black, but the VCII+ light should go on no matter what, unless like I said something is wrong. To see if you box has a light when on G0 go to channel 1 then go to channel 16 and you should see the light go on, then go to 19 and see if it is still on, if so YSP must be messing around. What receiver are you using?

My receiver is GI 4DTV mod 920. My sub package is Starter from Superstar and they assure me that on sat G0, TVland (tp16), CMT (tp17) and Spike (tp19) are in my package. I used their automated system to re-hit. Still no luck.
While TVland comes in fine, CMT and Spike do not.
The VC lite on the receiver comes on when I am on tp16 and tp18 (TMC). It does NOT lite on tp17 and tp19. Does this help in diagonsing ?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Norton

Yes it sounds like there is something wrong, can be wiring or bad servo, because the light should come on if you are getting signal.

Please bear with me because I am learning as I go.
The servo is the mechanism in the feed-horn that controls the H or
V polarization selection (odd/even tp). On sat G0, my even tps seem
to work but the odds do not. On sat G5, both the odds and even tps
work fine. Could the servo operation be dependent on the sat or
antenna position ? Can you think of additional checks I can do before
tearing into the dish ?
Thanks,
Norton

Just a quick note, you might have a TI (terrestrial Interference) problem. A friend of mine, here in Arizona, could not get the 4DTV guide when it was on G0. I went to his house with my spectrum analyzer and on off the shelf C-band LNB and just waived the open end of the LNB in the same direction as the dish and found an STL (Studio-to-Transmitter) microwave path dead on top of transponder 9? (3880 MHZ). Since the guide information has moved to G1, his IPG now works great!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)