Is STARS free or not!!!

How about thinking about other reasons for the $5 credit ??.
The Poster says he is a customer for three months. He says he wants to drop Starz. The system will charge him $5 to drop Starz, because he is 1. A customer for over three months, and 2. Is dropping a premium within the first month of it being added. So my conclusion, is he will receive a ONE TIME $5 credit that the system is going to charge. I am betting he will not be receiving any credit beyond that for dropping the FREE Starz promo...

I'm in a similar situation. Moved in August 2010. Originally had Slime Warner's "life line" service for $12/mo. As a deal for the kids to make the move a little easier, we decided to go with Dish Network $24.99/mo deal for AT120 where we were told multiple times it was "locked" in at that price for the first year, and then go to the regular rate for the second year of the two year contract. No problem. We did go with the DVR service (not sure how I lived w/o it) for another $6/mo. so we figured we would be paying about $35/mo. for the first year. Now our bill is $50/mo. I Was then told it wasn't a $24.99/mo. for the first year, it was a $15/mo. discount. So they can raise the price to anything they want and give us the $15/mo discount so they can charge you whatever they want. There is also a service discount (I wasn't aware of) for the first 6 mo. that ran out adding $6 to my bill. Anyway, they said I could drop the "free" Starzz and get a $5/12 mo. discount. I took it because most of the things I have seen on Starzz are old movies I either already own or don't care about. Will most likely look for a different "tv" service when the 2 year contract is up. I would hate to have to go back to Slime Warner though.

Tampa8 said:
From where did you get the information that the price, prior to the increase was locked in for 12 months? I ask because many think singing up for a year or two years prevents price increases, it does not. Dish does now have a freeze after the recent increases, but generally they do not.

He is a new sub. He probably signed up on one of the deals that has a first year discount. Im site the fine print says dish reserves the right to increase prices at any time. However you must admit that it ia a bit scurvy to advertise x price for 12 months then one month in raise x by $5.00

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

He is a new sub. He probably signed up on one of the deals that has a first year discount. Im site the fine print says dish reserves the right to increase prices at any time. However you must admit that it ia a bit scurvy to advertise x price for 12 months then one month in raise x by $5.00
Ross
Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Lol. Yes I actually do agree there is a little bit of slight of hand, not just by Dish by the way. I think when you are told you are signing a two year contract, some do think that means that is the price for two years....
As mentioned, Dish does disclose that, but I think it sometimes gets lost in the great excitement of becoming part of the Dish family. :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)