Is Stern worth his millions?

Ya know, as much as I love stern and used to listen every morning, I won't be there tomorrow and i'll tell you why. I just realized (Because I just looked) that sirius online for subscribers only broadcasts the music. I was under the impression that subscribers could listen to the entire lineup online. I hadn't bought a unit because i'm not happy with any of the home options and in-car use is irrelevant to me, and now I can't subscribe and listen online, so I don't know when i'm coming on board.

Just seems like nothing I could buy at bestbuy today is going to make me happy, but it's sure going to cost me $. I can't justify spending decent money on hardware until something good comes out. An S50 that's truly portable later in the year would be fine. A freaking receiver would be fine, but none of the little units thrill me for home use at all...

Sorry howie. It'll be quiet here tomorrow morning like it was for the last 2 weeks...

Hold the phone again! Didn't O&A start out as an extra subscription fee add-on at XM? Who says Howard won't eventually migrate to onlne in the same way?

Not satisfied with any of the home options? What exactly are you looking for?

charper1 said:
Hold the phone again! Didn't O&A start out as an extra subscription fee add-on at XM? Who says Howard won't eventually migrate to onlne in the same way?

Not satisfied with any of the home options? What exactly are you looking for?

Yhea O&A was $2.99 when they first started.

I'm looking for something simple and easy. Seems like, since i'm in an apartment, i'd have a hard time getting a signal and sound quality is what I pay for. I'd have to spend good money on a good unit and hope to get good sound/reception. They took the stereo receiver off the website and I was considering that...

Oh, and howard is kind of anal about people recording his stuff which is probably more the reason why it's not online. Ebay has always been full of stern cd's and he's never approved of it...Ironic that he didn't get his tapes after doing that...

You mean like the audio componant type?

Attachments

• x220CE1000-f1_dg.jpeg
    x220CE1000-f1_dg.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 158
yeah, something like that. Sirius.com used to have one for like 169 but it's gone, and crutchfield is 200+...

I also was looking for reviews on reception between the home kits and the actual home unit...

Things are being worked out so that the Stern Show will be broadcast on Sirius.com. According to Stern himself, Sirius is working out the details. So stay tuned.

Will it be the whole channel or just his show when it's on live?

I'll pay 12.95 a month to avoid buying hardware since i'm not happy with it, and do so gladly...

The heck with Howard Stern. I would rather they bring Bob and Tom over to Satellite. I think they are 100% more entertaining and they have beared the brunt of the FCC fines right along with Howard and Bubba the Love Sponge.

I think that Howard has out-lived the radio market. I also hear rumors ofa lawsuit from the same lawyers that gave him and Bubba all that trouble over the last few years.

mhutsell3 said:
The heck with Howard Stern. I would rather they bring Bob and Tom over to Satellite. I think they are 100% more entertaining and they have beared the brunt of the FCC fines right along with Howard and Bubba the Love Sponge.
I think that Howard has out-lived the radio market. I also hear rumors ofa lawsuit from the same lawyers that gave him and Bubba all that trouble over the last few years.

And what exactly would this guy be suing them for ?

minorthr said:
And what exactly would this guy be suing them for ?

I have not got the details yet. Supposidley a class action law-suit filed on behalf of you and I. They paying americans that want this kind of subscription. I don't think it will go anywhere, but it will cause some commotion. :)

I wouldn't expect great performance from it for the first few months. I would imagine they will have problems until they get an idea of how many customers will be streaming.

You also can't get any of the live sporting events, as of now, via streaming, but they may change as they introduce it for Howard. Not sure on those plans.

mhutsell3 said:

To each, his own. But I think the first three shows on Sirius have been fantastic. Especially with George Takei in the mix.

It should be no surprise that someone is trying to sue again. In fact there is a group that is keeping track of how many profanities are dropped on the show now. Talk about a waste of time.

George Takei is fantastic! That whole bit with Arnold yesterday still has me laughing.

Stern's first show on Sirius was a good indication that he's not worth the money. He had months to prepare, and all he's done is ripped off Opie and Anthony while claiming to be a "pioneer." He's continued to disappoint since then as well.
Phone sex was done by O&A as "Tissue Time."
Stern played the Pat O'Brian sex tapes over and over again. O&A did it a long time ago- even receiving press for it.
And on and on...

As the media stops focusing on Stern moving to satellite, he'll slowly be forgotten. His originallity ran out years ago, and his show will slowly grow dull.

I'm sure we'll hear him staying quiet this summer as new subscriptions start to level out only to hear him start claiming in the fall that he's the reason for new subscriptions then. I mean, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the NFL...

And as for the "math" earlier in the thread, not all the money from Sirius subscriptions goes to pay Stern. Go to their website and look at the celebrities they have on there along with Stern. They're getting a check too. Just like all the people working at their headquarters. Then there's advertising, equipment costs, shipping, activation costs for each unit sold (currently about $165), and the list goes on. $500 million is A LOT to make up, and Sirius will be finding that out shortly.

Stern is why I'll never switch from XM. Even though I want SEC football on sat radio badly but I don't need it enough to support someone who has to stoop to the level to boost their audience with trash talkers like this perverted freak.

directech06 said:
Stern is why I'll never switch from XM. Even though I want SEC football on sat radio badly but I don't need it enough to support someone who has to stoop to the level to boost their audience with trash talkers like this perverted freak.

It's a good thing you don't have sat TV or Cable.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts