Is the 722k receiver obsolete?

Let me see, where is that little critter is sent to TheKrell. I may need it here again.

The only critters I recall are some old Ethernet cards...
Sling adapter? Sure, I'll take one. :)

He did not give me one of those, but I do have a surplus one since my 722 "upgrade".

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was referring to sending a “bug” to cripple your VIPs to get you to move to Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I was referring to sending a “bug” to cripple your VIPs to get you to move to Hopper.

Oh. Well I missed it. :( But there was a very annoying bug that may or may not have been fixed, and that's iVOD on my 722 and 612's. That became just about unusable because it would falsely claim my receivers weren't on the net.

Reactions: navychop
Thanks for the info, HipKat. I'll being doing more research in due time. Just out of curiosity, why are Duos "junk"?
Well, they're Dual Tuners so if both TV's are on, just like a 722, you'll have conflicts if you try to record something at the same time. Plus, as Hoppers, they don't have PTAT. They don't use Sling Technology - so no Dish Anywhere, and the HDD is a refurbished 500GB that they take out of 722's. For $5.00 more a month you can have a 3rd tuner, PTAT, Sling and a 2 TB HDD

Duos do everything the 722k does but faster, better, cooler, and waaaay quieter. Exception is the DA app doesn't connect to a Duo. I don't get the love for 722s, they are obnoxiously loud, run so hot they can melt themselves, are super slow, and OnDemand doesn't work.
I don't use Sling, so no issue for me there. I use a very quiet A/V fan to keep my 722k cool and quiet. Used the same fan on my 622 that preceded it. Have a remote temp sensor sitting on top of my 722k. Highest temp I've ever seen on the unit was 83.7. I wouldn't mind faster response, particularly on channel changing, but it's not that big of an issue. OnDemand works for me... Guess the reason I'm looking at the Duo is I only use 2 tuners, max. I could use more internal storage, but if it's the same as or somewhat more than the 722k, I can live with it. I don't need a Cadillac when my Chevy is doing me just fine. :) That's why I'm not even thinking about the H3...

I'll start... No dish anywhere, small hard drive, only two tuners.. Dish should be giving them to customers with only ONE tv, not two. Installing them, they like to not correctly show what satellites the dish is pointed at, which is a time killer for techs, having to reset and rerun check switch a bunch with our fingers crossed...
Yep. They should be used as upgrades for 612's, not 722's. osumike , I use Hybrid LNB's on all my Duo installs. Never have a Check Switch issue (EA LNBF'S also don't have the issue)

Well, they're Dual Tuners so if both TV's are on, just like a 722, you'll have conflicts if you try to record something at the same time. Plus, as Hoppers, they don't have PTAT. They don't use Sling Technology - so no Dish Anywhere, and the HDD is a refurbished 500GB that they take out of 722's. For $5.00 more a month you can have a 3rd tuner, PTAT, Sling and a 2 TB HDD
Thanks for the good info! Still, don't use Sling. The third tuner would be handy, but not required. The 2TB HDD would be nice however. Which Hopper is that one, HipKat?

Thanks for the good info! Still, don't use Sling. The third tuner would be handy, but not required. The 2TB HDD would be nice however. Which Hopper is that one, HipKat?
Hopper Sling. Duos are on acquisition, meaning almost nobody has any, yet the lovely Sales team keeps writing work orders to install them, so I've been talking people in to upgrading to Hopper /Slings (Hopper 2's).

Hopper Sling. Duos are on acquisition, meaning almost nobody has any, yet the lovely Sales team keeps writing work orders to install them, so I've been talking people in to upgrading to Hopper /Slings (Hopper 2's).
I'll have to look at the H2's on mydish...might work for me (though I don't use sling). Once my 722k is close to being end-of-life'd, might go for that. Thank you for the info!

Reactions: HipKat
It's obsolete! Everything is Hoppers and Wallys now
For years I had been saying that DISH needed to simplify their vast number of old and new receivers. At one point they had all those different receivers in different classes with different fees per tuner etc. It was ridiculous. They need to upgrade all old receivers that are out there and get them all on the same platform. Now instead of software for 15 different kinds of receivers that have to be maintained , they can get it down to like 3 or 4. The sat tech people only need to have the tech script for those 3 or 4 receivers and they can save money on that end too.

For years I had been saying that DISH needed to simplify their vast number of old and new receivers. At one point they had all those different receivers in different classes with different fees per tuner etc. It was ridiculous. They need to upgrade all old receivers that are out there and get them all on the same platform. Now instead of software for 15 different kinds of receivers that have to be maintained , they can get it down to like 3 or 4. The sat tech people only need to have the tech script for those 3 or 4 receivers and they can save money on that end too.
There was a time a few years ago when we had to carry close to ten different receivers on our trucks. It's getting better, but not there yet. The thing taking up room now is all the smart home products we sell.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Are they selling well? Anything that works with Alexa?

Right?? When I started, I carried in my van 301's, 311's, 211's, 322's, 512's, 612's, 622's, 625's, 722's, 922's, Hopper 2000's, Hopper Slings and Joey (1's). It was ridiculous

When people ask about the ViPs for the most part being obsolete, it reminds me of the final episode of The Prisoner. Except their chants are a little different.....

Are they selling well? Anything that works with Alexa?

Things sell well if the tech puts in a little effort. Meaning just getting the products in front of the customer. The products really are high quality. Nest, Polk, Audioquest, Linksys, smart light bulbs, etc. Everything is going the way of Google assistant with Dish, but Alexa is supported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)