Is the any way to extend wires?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

more cowbell

Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
germantown, md
We are trying to move one of our TV's but the wires will not reach the new location. Is there anyway to extend the Direct TV cables to the new location?

I would guess the best thing to do is go to Best Buy and get longer cables depending on which cable you are talking about. The cable you have ain't gonna stretch.

We are trying to move one of our TV's but the wires will not reach the new location. Is there anyway to extend the Direct TV cables to the new location?

Are you talking Coax ? If so, YES, get the correct amount of Coax (RG-6) and a few barrels and Compression fittings and your good to go.

IF your talking HDMI, Component ect. you can order them at longer lengths from the same place I posted a few minutes ago.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Jimbo

Thanks for you responses. I am sorry I was not more specific in my question. When the coax cables were run for the TV and DVR they come directly from outside the house through the walls to the TV. There cable that is only in the house.

Is there any way I can connect to that wire, without changing anything outside, so I can move the TV.

Thanks again.

As Jimbo stated above you only need a barrel connector and some RG6 coax cable to extend the cable that has already been run.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)