Is the Dish Tailgater Real?

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
In my RV I have a 322 and dish 500 dual LNB. I have gotten pretty good hitting the satellites. But I see the Tailgater. Can it really deliver what it promises? I would like to think so has anyone had experience with it recently?

My major concern is since the dish inside the Tailgater is so small, does this mean that your signal strength will be much lower that the 500 antenna. If so how would this affect signal loss issues?

I realize that you need a specific receiver with a certain software level for HD and all three birds. What happens if you can't it the 129 because of location or obstructions? I would hope it would still give all my programing on SD? Is this true? Any information will be very much appreciated.

THanks

Yes it works great, but requires a 211k to run it (the 211k has special software in it which controls the tailgater.)

The technology has been around for years, You might have heard of the $800 Vucube, well this is almost the same (its made by the folks who make the Vucube) but it has been customized to work with the DISH 211k.

If one of the birds is blocked (like behind trees) I would assume it would still give you what it could "see".
I would also assume (in the above scenario)that it would take longer to acquire because it would keep trying and trying to lock that last satellite.
As for signal strength, the only time it matters is to overcome weather (rain)
People boast about there high signal strength but you will get a (locked)perfect picture all the way down to 15 (dishes scale).
A good (bad) thunderstorm can block your signal no matter what your strength was to begin with.
So with that point made ,your worried about losing your signal 5 out of 10 times as opposed to 3 out of 10 (heavy rain event)
The tailgater will self peek every time and will be unaffected by wind which could "blow" your standard dish off signal or even completely over.

Or just purchase the original vucube which works with any single tuner.

Sent from my fingers.

Only issue there is a Vucube is a lot more expensive then a Tailgater and it does not automatically change satellites for you like the Tailgater does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts