This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is the HH90 Motor Compatible with Winegard 76cm Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
While browsing through a few online FTA dealers, I noticed that a couple of dealers have packaged the HH90 motor with the Winegard 76cm dish in some of their all-in-one bundles. However, it is stated under the HH90 listing on Sadoun's website that the HH90 does not work with Winegard dishes. That said, I'm a little confused as to whether or not the HH90 does or doesn't work well with a Winegard 76cm dish, so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, while looking throuugh STAB's website, I noticed that the HH100 appears to be a little more sturdy and durable than the HH90, but I'm basing this merely on appearance. Nonetheless, if I were planning on using a 76cm dish for a Ku setup, would I gain durability and quality by spending a few more dollars on a HH100, or, assuming that there are no compatability issues with a 76cm Winegard, would a HH90 be more than enough?

Thanks!

winegard dish not compatible with stab hh90

I found out the hard way that the winegard dish is not compatible unless.

I bought my dish with the motor from an online dealer. Once received and when I started to put it together I noticed that there was no way that the dish elevation could be set with the shaft of the hh90 motor inserted in the bracket of the winegard dish. I contacted winegard who were kind enough to help me. even though they did not completely understand the problem I had they did provide me with a lead. (by the way they said the dish was not designed to be motor mounted). They suggested that there exists such a thing as a low angle bracket for the 76cm dish. A company in Alaska has them in stock. I called them and purchased one. After installing this bracket I could set the dish elevation to the value required for the HH90 set up. The low angle bracket puts the mast/shaft clamp further away from the dish itself allowing the movement of the dish.

After reading some of the posts I would go with the SG2100 motor.....unless you want to go through the trouble I went through!

Status
Please reply by conversation.