Is the Hopper ESATA port active?

GreeneDish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Central VA
I have a ESATA Hard Drive that does not show up when connected to my Hopper but is recognized immediately when connected via USB. Before I buy a new cable to test and start troubleshooting the drive enclosure, I want to make sure it is not a Hopper issue. Is anyone using a ESATA drive and can verify thet the Hopper port is active?

I don't believe that the eSATA port is active yet. It is supposed to be activated by a future software upgrade. Just like all the other features that aren't working on the H/J system. It's coming soon.:(

Great, that is what I was hoping. I will just use the USB port for now and switch when it is active. It will be a while before I start filling the onboard drive and need to actually watch from the external drive so speed is not a issue yet.
Thanks,

Great, that is what I was hoping. I will just use the USB port for now and switch when it is active. It will be a while before I start filling the onboard drive and need to actually watch from the external drive so speed is not a issue yet.Thanks,
I watch from my external drive all the time, I havent had any issues so far. I havent had to transfer the shows from the EHD back to the dvr to view the show, and after I am done watching they still remain on my EHD.

Thanks, that is good to know. I actually transferred my programs back to the DVR but that was mostly to make it easier on my wife. At this point, I am just planning ahead.

Transferring shows to an EHD actually goes pretty quick. Putting shows back onto the hopper at least for me was pretty slow. Not really sure if using eSATA would actually end up being any faster. (I know theoretically it should.) I was looking at getting an EHD with both a USB and eSATA option, but it wouldn't have shipped until after I got my hopper setup. So I elected to get only USB.

Sorry to dig up an old thread ...

Has recent Hopper updates opened eSata use yet for hard drives? Just curious.

Thanks ...

I wonder if they will ever use the eSata port like DIRECTV does? They can use their port to add a bigger hard drive, that then takes the place of your internal hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)