Is the TV2 from the VIP722 decrypted so you can use a USBTV Tuner stick ? (ATSC/OTA one ?)

ThePizzaPizza

Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Texas
So I'm thinking about running the coax to my computer to watch instead of having to purchase another TV. Since the output is only 480p, and I have a 1440x900 monitor, I figured I'd save money instead of buying a cheap small 720p TV.

But would this work ? I know it comes over Channel 60 on TVs.

Yes that will work, as long as its support Analog broadcasts it will work. Just be aware it will be SD only. :)

I was thinking something simple like this:
DIAMOND ATI Theater HD 750 USB TVW750USB USB 2.0 Interface

on newegg. (Can't post the link for some reason) . Says: NTSC Analog TV Support .

edit: the
[h=1]KWorld Hybrid TV Stick UB445-U2 USB 2.0 Interface[/h]
looks a little bit better though.

After I believe it's 5 posts, you will be able to post links.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys. Stick around and join the fun.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
So I'm thinking about running the coax to my computer to watch instead of having to purchase another TV. Since the output is only 480p, and I have a 1440x900 monitor, I figured I'd save money instead of buying a cheap small 720p TV.

But would this work ? I know it comes over Channel 60 on TVs.

Yes it does work. I used a Hauppauge 850 usb tuner stick and watched on a 21" crt monitor when the other tv connected to TV2 (via composite) was being used for gaming. It looked like crap though and I quit doing it. The tuner was better served for ota broadcasts.

Hello everyone it's been some time since I have been On but I get the fc c up date on the atsc 3 and the low vhf ct has low vhf and the atsc 3 and the channel master box 70001 and it does all and the new box for $800dollars but only one person that makes a hi low vhf/uhf that will definitely work well with a channel master amp well every one good luck p.s. and uhf fc c found out something that would not work SO you know what that means more channels!!!!!!

Hello everyone it's been some time since I have been On but I get the fc c up date on the atsc 3 and the low vhf ct has low vhf and the atsc 3 and the channel master box 70001 and it does all and the new box for $800dollars but only one person that makes a hi low vhf/uhf that will definitely work well with a channel master amp well every one good luck p.s. and uhf fc c found out something that would not work SO you know what that means more channels!!!!!!
I understand the bolded.

Translation: He's saying he's been updated on ATSC 3.0 by the FCC, and claims that Connecticut (next state over from where he lives) has a low VHF station and ATSC 3.0 already running. He also says/claims the Channel Master 70001 (I think he means the 7001, which is a really old converter) priced at $800 can do ATSC 3.0 (Nope, sorry it doesn't). He's also added something about high/low VHF and UHF combined antennas that only one place still sells will work with a Channel Master (pre?) amplifier.

He's on multiple sites, and believes he's an expert in OTA tv. Nearly incomprehensible 98% of the time, however if you read enough of his posts you can get the gist of it all.

I thought there were only two ATSC 3.0 transmissions currently "on"... Cleveland (where they did a lot of testing) and WRAL in Raleigh. Connecticut has one?

I doubt it. Nascar Ken repeats completely false info all the time, on every site. Though I think he really believes it himself. I said I can pretty much read/understand his posts after several years, I never said I yet understand him/where he's coming from.

For what it's worth, I do believe he truly thinks he's being helpful.

Translation: He's saying he's been updated on ATSC 3.0 by the FCC, and claims that Connecticut (next state over from where he lives) has a low VHF station and ATSC 3.0 already running. He also says/claims the Channel Master 70001 (I think he means the 7001, which is a really old converter) priced at $800 can do ATSC 3.0 (Nope, sorry it doesn't). He's also added something about high/low VHF and UHF combined antennas that only one place still sells will work with a Channel Master (pre?) amplifier.

He's on multiple sites, and believes he's an expert in OTA tv. Nearly incomprehensible 98% of the time, however if you read enough of his posts you can get the gist of it all.
Wow, well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)