Is the Welcome Pack still available?

If you can get it, it is 40 bucks a month, before locals and taxes and DVR fees etc.
Might I ask what is on these moved locals, that you can't live without? ...and willing to pay that much, just to have a local channel out of market?

Might I ask what is on these moved locals, that you can't live without? ...and willing to pay that much, just to have a local channel out of market?
I wonder that myself. If you stream you can see most newscasts from the neighboring market that he wants (he's posted about 608 times about moved locals, moving, wanting other locals etc). Most syndicated shows are on the local stations. So other than saying "yeah I got multiple markets" I don't get it.

Heck when I had cable at my location we had both the Minneapolis and Mankato locals (Mankato being the local market). The only times I used the Minneapolis stations was for news, ABC & PBS (not available in Mankato) and the My Network station because of College Hockey. Oh and WCCO CBS when they carried a different NFL game than what KEYC Mankato carried.

Reactions: KE4EST
Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder that myself. If you stream you can see most newscasts from the neighboring market that he wants (he's posted about 608 times about moved locals, moving, wanting other locals etc). Most syndicated shows are on the local stations. So other than saying "yeah I got multiple markets" I don't get it.

Heck when I had cable at my location we had both the Minneapolis and Mankato locals (Mankato being the local market). The only times I used the Minneapolis stations was for news, ABC & PBS (not available in Mankato) and the My Network station because of College Hockey. Oh and WCCO CBS when they carried a different NFL game than what KEYC Mankato carried.
It has more to do with the market's original programming that I enjoyed than syndicated programming. For example, I really enjoyed "Twin Cities Live". KARE 11 News was rather good too.

kk
On the Roku
KARE 11+ has live newscasts
KSTP has live newscasts
WCCO is on via CBS News app. When you load it one option says CBS News Minnesota (along with other CBS O&O locations like NY, LA, Chicago)
KMSP FOX does not have an app on Roku
I do not know about Minneapolis, my locals that are on the Roku from back home in Detroit, they have all of the Newscasts On Demand, not just live.

It has more to do with the market's original programming that I enjoyed than syndicated programming. For example, I really enjoyed "Twin Cities Live". KARE 11 News was rather good too.
I don't hear much about it these days, but several years back "Moved locals" was more common. Lots of reasons. Maybe your relatives live in a nearby city and you want their locals, some markets have only a few locals. A bigger market has more variety. There may be programming in market A that isn't available in market B. Many reasons. Back before the days of spotbeams, people often subbed to distant locals. Before that Dish had East/West networks, before locals. I remember we got LA, SF, etc networks. Streaming will net you the news and local programming, but that is all. Roku does have a lot of smaller non network stations that stream 24/7. Some run old B&W TV shows, Rel, public affairs for that area, etc. Fun stuff. But hundreds of TV stations now do stream their news from most markets, including Alaska & Hawaii.

On the Roku
KARE 11+ has live newscasts
KSTP has live newscasts
WCCO is on via CBS News app. When you load it one option says CBS News Minnesota (along with other CBS O&O locations like NY, LA, Chicago)
KMSP FOX does not have an app on Roku
Downloaded all those apps I wanted on my iPhone, which also does include KMSP! I have 4 dedicated streaming devices (as well as a smart TV, TiVo Bolt, and 4K/3D Blu-ray player) that I'll check in the next couple of days, but I've been busy with school and work, so that's why I haven't done it yet.

It's no longer available, but if you have it you can put your account on pause and come back and it will be there. I've done that several times. It may not be a good deal, but it is the cheapest way to get local channels where I live. And it is the cheapest satellite package out there, if you already subscribed to it, although the price is going up to $49.99 a month (plus DVR and tax) as of Nov. 22, 2022. *If you subscribed to it before I-15-19 and didn't put it on pause, your price will be $4 less.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell