Is there a 18 month commitment for DVR Advantage for existing customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I need some help. I just canceled Dish because I got Directv installed today. I had Dish for close to 3 years. I haven't received any new equipment for over 2 years so I knew I was under no commitment. I called up Dish to cancel and they said that I was under an 18 month commitment because I signed up for DVR Advantage in July 2007. They are charging me a cancellation fee of $133.

I don't remember signing up for a commitment when I signed up for DVR Advantage. I could not find anything on their website regarding a commitment for existing customers who sign up for DVR Advantage.

So my question to you all is: Is there a commitment to Dish for existing customers who sign up for DVR Advantage and who do not receive any equipment upgrades?

If the CSR was wrong about me being in a commitment, who can I contact so I don't get charged the cancellation fee.

Thanks for all your help.
one question..actually two...did you at the time of install sign an 18 moth agreement consenting to an 18 month programming commitment? That would have been a seperate form. You should have signed two forms. Do you save copies of documents you have signed?
The first thing I say to the customer when I hand them copies is "keep these copies for your records in a safe place"...It's a habit of mine.

Sounds good thanks for the reply. $45 for a bracket, i though install is free??:confused:
the bracket was most like purchased by the tech.If he had to use it, he charged you properly. Pole mounts( 50ft max burial) and the normal mast supplied by Dish are free to the customer on DNS jobs only.
****Note**** retailers charge additional for pole mounts to cover the cost of material and labor. Free installs are described in the Dish Network Service Agreement you signed at the time the job was done.
Dish provides a free BASIC install. One wall penetration. Up to 200 feet of new coax cable. Standard eave mount, roof mount( mast that comes with the system) and tripods. Tripods are also present on the agreement but we are not held to that provision. No one can afford to give away tripods.
Anything beyond that is chargeble.

one question..actually two...did you at the time of install sign an 18 moth agreement consenting to an 18 month programming commitment? That would have been a seperate form. You should have signed two forms. Do you save copies of documents you have signed?
The first thing I say to the customer when I hand them copies is "keep these copies for your records in a safe place"...It's a habit of mine.

When I got service with Dish in April 2005, I was under no commitment. I paid $299 for the 622 DVR. When I added a 211 in November 2005, I agreed to a 18 month commitment. That commitment expired and I never agreed to any other commitments.

the bracket was most like purchased by the tech.If he had to use it, he charged you properly.

I paid for the mount by check and made it payable to the installers name and not to the company that he worked for. It seemed weird to me at the time but dishcomm's statement above makes sense now.

When I got service with Dish in April 2005, I was under no commitment. I paid $299 for the 622 DVR. When I added a 211 in November 2005, I agreed to a 18 month commitment. That commitment expired and I never agreed to any other commitments.
hopefully you saved all paperwork from each transaction.

Oh Mike I thought you at least have enough sense of humor to see this one through, but if you are offended then I apologize deeply for doing so, I had no intent to cause that.

My only goal was trying to point out his apparent having an ax to grind with DISH for possibly getting fired, or soon to be.

We do know any DISH employee who post on these boards are subject to termination.

Not ax, chainsaw, and I explained my motivations. You misread my post, but you've done that twice now so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts