Is there a maximum number of tuners on Twin LNB

I am have just done a site survey and one of the 311's say it has a twin LNB, there are two 311's and one 322, one of the 311 is starting through its transponder test and gets to 2 of 5 and restarts at 0, is this a receiver issue or an LNB that can not support 4 tuners.

It supports a maximum of 2 receivers, each of which may have 2 tuners. What you are trying to do does not work since you are hooking up 3 receivers. You need a switch or a DPP Triple LNB on a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish.

I am have just done a site survey and one of the 311's say it has a twin LNB, there are two 311's and one 322, one of the 311 is starting through its transponder test and gets to 2 of 5 and restarts at 0, is this a receiver issue or an LNB that can not support 4 tuners.

Hard to say. Was this a working installation before? I wonder if the LNB is really a DPP twin... There was a way of connecting up 2 solo receivers and 1 duo receiver using a single ;) DPP twin. Totally unsupported of course.

not that it matters now since he did the service call yesterday, but i'm sure by "twin" he meant dual lnbf. Im guessing he was looking at a dual dp quad lnbf. One output each solo receiver and two outputs for the 322. Otherwise there was a switch somewhere in the system. Or he is at a bad install where e

to continue.. .3 receivers could be fighting over 2 tuners which ive only personally seen done using d* splitter. Just from my own limited personal experience.

Im guessing he was looking at a dual dp quad lnbf.

Huh??

Maybe he saw dp twin as the lnb in the check switch summary, but missed a d34 or d44 as the installed switch. If there were 2-311's and a 322 on-site, there was no way they were running off of a single dish/dp twin configuration without a d34, d33, d44 switch. There could also be a second dish somewhere tucked behind a chimney or next door at the neighbor's house.

If there were 2-311's and a 322 on-site, there was no way they were running off of a single dish/dp twin configuration without a d34, d33, d44 switch. There could also be a second dish somewhere tucked behind a chimney or next door at the neighbor's house.

Yes there is. You can run two solo receivers and a duo receiver off a single DPP twin. I think this is rare because most Dish installers don't know about it, and as I said above, it's not a supported configuration.

Duo receiver DPP tuners can obviously command the switch to switch. Solo DP receivers could also plausibly be made work off either side of a separator, but Dish has added no software to do that. So, they must be placed on the TV1 output of the separator. With a DPP twin, you have two cables and two separators possible, with two TV1 outputs sitting there inviting you to connect up a solo receiver. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts