Is there a problem with 119 Sat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
My wife has been seeing video breakup on cnn channel 200, then today channels 172/173 are impossible to watch, I get video thats all broken up and jittery. I am not sure if there are other channels affected or not, but I am able to watch 110 channels without a problem. I thought that maybe it was an issue with my 942, so I checked it on my 510 and 522 and I have the same issues, I am pulling well over 100 for strength. FWIW it was only around 80 or so here today, I am using a dish500 with dp34 switches.

If a mod wants to move this to the tech forum it belongs there. Anyway, I have narrowed it down to possibly a bad lnb, my brother had no problems with his tv while i was having problems, I am going to borrow an lnb and see if it fixes the problem. I have a good signal 107 hten it will drop down to 90 or so, then it losses signal for a second then its right back up to 107 or so. The lnb is a new one bought only a couple of months ago.

While waiting on an LNBF.

You could try powering down all of your receivers at one time, wait a minute or two and the power them all back up. This may reset the switch.

If that doesn't do it, then maybe swap the Sat 119 and Sat 110 inputs around and see if it is part of the switch.

You said switches.... If more than one, maybe disconnect the additional switches and just try the first one, or maybe route the LNBF's directly to the 2nd DP-34 to see if the 1st DP-34 is causing the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)